Meet Hank

Been up in the Thorofare many times elk hunting. Before going in and coming out frequented many establishments in town. Also, been to the Gunwerks shop when they were in Burlington.
I read you've been in Thorofare. I'm envious. Ive read stories of great great uncle on my mom's side, Teddy hunting in the Thorofare. My mom's side were Roosevelts . My great grandmother was his niece.
Gunworks is on Blackburn Ave. in Cody now down the road from me. Best of the West is on west end before you go up South Fork to where you would pack in to Thorofare. Most likely Deer Creek trailhead. 👍🏻

I read you've been in Thorofare. I'm envious. Ive read stories of great great uncle on my mom's side, Teddy hunting in the Thorofare. My mom's side were Roosevelts . My great grandmother was his niece.
Gunworks is on Blackburn Ave. now down the road from me. Best of the West is on west end before you go up South Fork to where you would pack in to Thorofare. Most likely Deer Creek trailhead. 👍🏻
I hear the words "Deer Creek Trail" and I instantly want to see a therapist….beautiful, but frightful when at night or in a snow storm.

I hear the words "Deer Creek Trail" and I instantly want to see a therapist….beautiful, but frightful when at night or in a snow storm.
It's a scarey sum biotch once your above switchbacks and deer creek is waayy down to your left and mtn. on your right. I hiked it once. Got to that point. Was looking at griz tracks all over and their poo poo full of green guts and blood. That point in trail was straight down. At leat 1/4 mi. To creek. Straight up mtn. to my right. I said to myself. Nope. Turning around. Got back to trailhead and they had posted a beware bear sign that said dead horse on trail 2 miles up. So glad I turned around. That trail at night...? Maybe when I was younger. Had two horse wrecks in Colorado.Way easier trail. There ? No thank you.
That was 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Meanwhile…….back in Kemmerer! Here's a few "city bucks", photos taken very recently! memtb

1724990238890.jpeg

1724990298448.jpeg

1724990382007.jpeg

You ever run in to that game warden….Joe Pickett (CJ Box). lol.

No……but my daughter (step daughter actually) has meet CJ and has had several meetings (she's a business woman) with him. A couple of years ago she got me the complete set (to date) of autographed books from him.

She knew that I like and read his books. A real nice thoughtful Christmas Present. Last year she gave me Freedom Arms Premier Grade revolver in .475 Linebaugh.

Obviously, she listens to me when I'm "runn'n my mouth"! 😁 She's a real special girl! memtb

No……but my daughter (step daughter actually) has meet CJ and has had several meetings (she's a business woman) with him. A couple of years ago she got me the complete set (to date) of autographed books from him.

She knew that I like and read his books. A real nice thoughtful Christmas Present. Last year she gave me Freedom Arms Premier Grade revolver in .475 Linebaugh.

Obviously, she listens to me when I'm "runn'n my mouth"! 😁 She's a real special girl! memtb
My favorite read too.