He was chowing down on the fresh green grass in the front yard
He will remember your kindness.

My pets never forget when its dinner time. 🤓

Attachments

• 20240725_183615.jpg
    20240725_183615.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 85
Wow that's awesome! Great looking deer.
Here in WV we have "Urban Archery Hunts" where the city lets a certain number of bowhunters hunt in wooded areas in the city. You have to pass a shooting test then it's a lottery to get a permit. 7 deer and 2 can be bucks that doesn't count on your regular license. I did it a few years and killed my best whitetail buck ever. He went 160'. Great buck for WV. Sounds like other states should practice this, it's a win for homeowners and hunters.

Wow that's awesome! Great looking deer.
Here in WV we have "Urban Archery Hunts" where the city lets a certain number of bowhunters hunt in wooded areas in the city. You have to pass a shooting test then it's a lottery to get a permit. 7 deer and 2 can be bucks that doesn't count on your regular license. I did it a few years and killed my best whitetail buck ever. He went 160'. Great buck for WV. Sounds like other states should practice this, it's a win for homeowners and hunters.
I'm in monongalia county, cheat neck area. Hunted in Morgantown years ago when it started. 👍

Back in Kemmerer in the late '80's - early '90's, there were lots of moose that would winter in town……they could be a nuisance as well.

In fact, I believe that the Ham's Fork drainage had the densest moose population of anywhere in the lower 48. If memory serves me, the G&F did a count showing over 500 in the drainage from Kemmerer to the headwaters. A note of possible interest…….the drainage ain't that big! 😉 memtb
I used to work in that area occassionally, and the only moose I have ever seen was up Hams Fork. Drove up looking to see Muleys and Elk, but seen a moose instead. Great experience for someone from back east. I did see many huge Mule deer on the minesite I was working.

I used to work in that area occassionally, and the only moose I have ever seen was up Hams Fork. Drove up looking to see Muleys and Elk, but seen a moose instead. Great experience for someone from back east. I did see many huge Mule deer on the minesite I was working.

Just after dawn one morning, late Sept. or early Oct., I was watching the east side of Commissary Ridge about 15 or so miles north of Kemmerer.

With the rising Sun lighting up the ridge, I counted 12 or 13 moose, the exact number has been lost over the years. This is a ridge that has a pretty good amount of timber and brush, so I have always wondered …….just how many moose were actually on that ridge that morning! I'm pretty certain that they "all" weren't standing out in the open just to "make my day"!

Oh Professor, were you working at the Kemmerer coal mine? My wife worked in the office there from '81 through '96! memtb

I have seen really nice bucks walking the sidewalks in downtown Cody. They probably know they are safe if they don't go out of the city limits.
That's a nice buck Huntinfool !
They call them lawn rats here. 😁
20240808_163952.jpg

I've been watching this one antlered buck growing. He has a double tripod going now. I got a photo of him before he did. They were culling does for a few years here also. Don't think for the last 2 years. All the does have twins and spotted one with Triplets.
20240816_200433.jpg
20240816_200436~2.jpg
20240816_200431.jpg
20240808_141354.jpg
20240818_201951~4.jpg

Recent Posts