30mm low rings for Pic rail

Varmint Hunter

I recently had a 22 CReed built off of a Defiance action which came with their pic rail. I had a spare set of Leupold 30mm QRW rings which I used to mount the Zeiss 50mm scope. Unfortunately, the scope sits much too high for a decent cheek weld. I'm not inclined to raise the comb with an attachment.

What would you recommend for a very low 30mm pic rail ring set?

The XLows might be too low for a 50mm objective. Hard to know because barrel contour plays into the equation

Try measuring the rings you have, @Varmint Hunter and let us know how much clearance there is between your scope and your barrel.

This will give us an idea of what you've got, and it'll give you a better idea of what height you may be looking for.

ARC's are popular.

For value I like the Seekins Rings. NF Ultralite are good too.

Been very impressed with the new Area419 rings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240913_113622_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20240913_113622_Firefox.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 16
The XLows might be too low for a 50mm objective. Hard to know because barrel contour plays into the equation

Try measuring the rings you have, @Varmint Hunter and let us know how much clearance there is between your scope and your barrel.

This will give us an idea of what you've got, and it'll give you a better idea of what height you may be looking for.

ARC's are popular.

For value I like the Seekins Rings. NF Ultralite are good too.

Been very impressed with the new Area419 rings.

There is exactly .25" between the scope and bbl. The Leupold QRW rings are listed as "Med".

I used Seekins lows and was able to get a 50mm scope mounted as low as possible and have a decent cheekweld on a hunting rifle.
As someone else mentioned…receiver spec, rail height and barrel contour have lots to do with which rings will work.

There is exactly .25" between the scope and bbl. The Leupold QRW rings are listed as "Med".
I think those are listed at 1.05", so likely you are looking for something in the .80" range.

The ARC xlow is probably about as low as you want to go to maintain clearance between barrel and optic at .79"

APA makes some in between the ARC and Farrel their lows are .750"

I'm currently at .95" with the Leupold QRW mediums.
The ARC rings run $180 and Ken Farrell rings are fairly expensive too. The APA rings aren't available. I may just compromise and get a set of Leupold PRW lows for about $80. They measure @ .82".

.82" is pretty low. Seekins makes some good ones. They will clear most barrels with a 30mm tube and 50mm objective.

BUT, you need to make sure the bolt handle will clear the magnification ring on that Zeiss. I had to go with .92s to clear a Zeiss mag ring on a Defiance AnTi X and a Defiance Tenacity.

APA lowest rings are .750. I used them with a zeiss v4 6-24x50 on a savage short action with a 0moa rail but they were too low with a 20moa rail, sendero profile barrel.

Recent Posts