Anyone “stuck in a certain timeframe”?

69precision

Back in the day, a Remington 700p in 308 with a mark 4 scope was my dream rig. I attained it, and now years later, I am in a financial position to get whatever I want. But while I mess around with other things on occasion like lever guns or whatever, the 700p/mark4 is still my only "real" rifle. I've owned many others but that rig does everything I need. Steel to 1100 yards, elk and deer to 400. Anyone else just stuck in a certain time even though you know technology has moved on?
Same with pistols. I have a python and don't want anything else.

Back in the day, a Remington 700p in 308 with a mark 4 scope was my dream rig. I attained it, and now years later, I am in a financial position to get whatever I want. But while I mess around with other things on occasion like lever guns or whatever, the 700p/mark4 is still my only "real" rifle. I've owned many others but that rig does everything I need. Steel to 1100 yards, elk and deer to 400. Anyone else just stuck in a certain time even though you know technology has moved on?
My '81 Wide Glide is exactly what you describe.

Probably 10-15 years ago I walked into a Harley stealership looking for a clutch cable.
I told the guy at the parts counter "I must have the right bike. Walked past all those shiny new ones and not a one spoke to me."

Edited to add- same with my .44 Redhawk. Picked up a 10mm for bear protection but I still gravitate towards the .44.

Hard to want for more once you start shooting Pythons old or new. After 30 years of loading belted magnums and then beltless shorts and ultras and now PRCs, I like them all. The love of my life is still the 300Wby. Weather in a Mark V, Ruger #1, 700 or CRF 70 I have always come back to it.

I call it tradition, also, why fix what ain't broke.
I have 2 new cartridge designs, the 6.5x47 Lapua and 300RUM, but have made my own designs on a cartridge that beat them all way back in 1912…the 416 Rigby case is still a design that is tomorrow. It just works with little Improvement…can run the same pressures as modern designs and doesn't have any issues to speak of.

Cheers.

I forgot to mention my Ruger No.1 in 45-120, tradition, nostalgia and just excellence all in one package. Sure, the cartridge is antiquated and virtually obsolete, but it is amazing what power it has.

Cheers.
Iam just starting to investigate the 45-120 cal as I just acquired a sharps 45-120 from a friend that has passed. I haven't shot it yet,but as soon as I aquire more info and get more comfortable with it my boys and I are looking forward to shooting it.

Most definitely understand. I started deer hunting when my country only had 4 doe days and we just didn't have a deer population to speak of
My Rifle was. 1916 7x57 "army" rifle and it filled the freezers year after year
I'm still hunting with a better one and it will put the meat in the stew as long as I do my best
Then fine Mauser sights are getting harder and harder to see

Only musically! I'm pretty much stuck between the 30's and 60's with occasional lapses into some really old stuff. New? Not so much. I will leave the room if anyone puts on opera or rap music and can barely stand disco.

When it comes to firearms, I like just about everything! Full auto (although I don't have any and couldn't afford to feed one much less buy it! But they are bags of fun!) to muzzleloaders. At age 69 (I'm now 72) I switched from 9mm to 10mm, a completely new cartridge to me, considering I load for just about every common cartridge there is! I was a 45 Auto supporter for most of my life but wanted something small and lite to carry so I bought a Glock 26. As much as I like the little pistol I always
felt I was barely armed until the urge to upgrade overpowered me! I completely bypassed my beloved .45 and went directly to the best there is, the 10mm. I got two, a Glock 40 MOS for fun and and a Glock 29 for EDC. I have Underwood ammo in every caliber I carry, from .380 to 10mm, using the Lehigh Defense Extreme Defender bullets, which I have become convinced are the best bullets for home & self defense money can buy! I use the factory ammo because I simply cannot match their velocities with any of my handloads, a first for me!

I'm not sure what category tgat puts me in... an old codger when it comes to music and I have no way to describe my shooting habits. All around? Gun whore? I don't much care what you call it, I pretty much like 'em all! From 50 BMG (nope, don't have one of those either, for the same reasons) to .22 LR, I enjoy shooting them all! Ok, except for the 45-70 Derringer a buddy let me shoot, once was enough of that happy horse ca-ca, thank you anyway!
Cheers,
crkckr

Yeah, Winchester Model 70 Pre-64 H&H Magnum. Straight shooting and mild recoil. Classic design. Claw mounts with Swarovski glass. My fav!

Attachments

• IMG_3338.JPG
    IMG_3338.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3338 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_3338 - Copy.JPG
    219.3 KB · Views: 73

Recent Posts