KUIU

I have a array of jackets and vest and know my sizing there.... but if I sport a 36 waist would it be wise to size up to a 38? Thanks

jrg

I wear a 36 waist in regular pants, and go to the 38 in KUIU.

I wear a 35 waist in regular clothes so went to the 36'' guide pants way large enough. I could have probably gone down a size because I rarely have a underlayer of any kind but the zip off long johns are a great match. This was for the guide pants. The other pants I have from them seems to be spot on meaning I don't go a size up. ( yukon and attack)

I size up in Kuiu. I have a long torso and need it for length. Their stuff does seem to have pretty long arms, I don't think a person would need to size up if that's the concern.

It's relatively warm over here so I use a lot of the Tiburon and Teton stuff. It is pretty fitted so size up if you want a looser fit. Great quality for a competitive price.

I love their attack pants and have them in many of the solid colors. Great winter pants for around here and comfortable office wear. I haven't tried the guide pants yet but the guide jackets are my favorite. I have the pro pant and talus hybrid and can't wait to use them next year. I bought the talus hybrid pant because I didn't have gators and it snowed on our backpack hunt this year and my pant legs on my attack pants got pretty wet. I wish I had gators but next time I'll have the talus hybrid pant to try out.

Oh. I have to go a size up from normal on the shirts and jackets. I'm not into the tight athletic fit. Pant sizes are spot on.

I own too much Kuiu stuff. I usually wear XL but with Kuiu I usually have to size up to XXL or XXXL. It is always better if things are a little too big vs a little too small (aka too tight). The Yukon rain gear is bomb proof and indispensable for the mountain backpack hunter.

Their rain gear is top notch! I have quite a few pieces of Kuiu and I have yet to get anything I don't like. I also size up. I am 6'3" and 240, athletic built with long monkey arms, XXL in jackets works for me.

They have a sizing questionnaire on their website. Just answer the question honestly and you'll probably get the perfect size. Generally speaking though, they run a bit small so if your anywhere close to being between sizes, go a size up.

Between the Yukon and the Chugach, the Chugach is less expensive, but also weighs less. Most people seem to prefer the Yukon though. What sets it apart from the Chugach?

You can get more complete info on their site, basically the Yukon has Kevlar reinforced knees and elbows. Also heavier material. Designed for extreme environments and to meet the needs of working hunters, i.e. guides.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts