Kuiu verde and valo

X2 on hiding from other hunters. I use military camo since I seldom hunt in wet weather here in NM. It is cooler than modern fabrics and tough. I buy it at Goodwill or Savers for $8 to $10.

Take a look at your camo under a black light. I threw out some of my cheap stuff after doing that.

I hunt a lot in open country. I want to blend in when I'm in an open field or in snow. Light camo does it for me. I see guys in deep forest camo from a distance and they might as well be wearing black. If there are trees, I use them to hide behind.

I'm a big believer that different camo on top and bottom breaks up your outline better. I believe most camo is made for bow hunting. Small blotches all blend together from a distance. I've used chocolate chip desert camo for years when aoudad hunting. I don't need to blend in at 20 yards, but do at 300 yards..

YES JAY! Been going in there since a kid.Last year 9 mile loop no trail, hundreds of blow down in bottom and alder all way up to ridge out top and 3500 vert.Think that was my last trip, in bottom anyway

KOM and Sitka, OR gaters Jay this is on top
IMG_1267.JPG

Big kuiu guy here, everything I own is verde, even though there is lots of greens I love how the pattern's high contrasting colors breaks up my outline. Curious about what mix-matching with the valo would look like in the field by introducing more browns. I can't find any pictures on google of people mixing the 2, do any of you wear mixed garments in these 2 patterns? If so share a photo or some
Big kuiu guy here, everything I own is verde, even though there is lots of greens I love how the pattern's high contrasting colors breaks up my outline. Curious about what mix-matching with the valo would look like in the field by introducing more browns. I can't find any pictures on google of people mixing the 2, do any of you wear mixed garments in these 2 patterns? If so share a photo or some insight.
Big kuiu guy here, everything I own is verde, even though there is lots of greens I love how the pattern's high contrasting colors breaks up my outline. Curious about what mix-matching with the valo would look like in the field by introducing more browns. I can't find any pictures on google of people mixing the 2, do any of you wear mixed garments in these 2 patterns? If so share a photo or some insight.

Guys like to goof around about old hunters killing stuff in plaid. It's goofy. Old school hunters also hunted much less pressured game. Some game, that had never even seen a hunter before. Camo is very important these days. I saw how effective it was when wore all ASAT in the field. I actually had deer and cattle coming back toward me because the camo had tricked their vision, and they wanted to see what I was. Wind is the most important, but always match the hatch with your camo.

A test of camo patterns that seem useful for deer hunting showed the KUIU VALO pattern as "good" while the other two KUIU patterns as NOT so good. This large camo comparison test was on YouTube so take it for what it is. You can see the producers actually tried to judge patterns objectively.
Personally Prefer VALO which is what is on my KUIU Katana breathable rain parka. Its browns blend well in our Nevada scrub deserts and mountains.