Kuiu verde and valo

treyboy7

Big kuiu guy here, everything I own is verde, even though there is lots of greens I love how the pattern's high contrasting colors breaks up my outline. Curious about what mix-matching with the valo would look like in the field by introducing more browns. I can't find any pictures on google of people mixing the 2, do any of you wear mixed garments in these 2 patterns? If so share a photo or some insight.

I am Kuiu Nation as well and have verde and valo patterns exclusively as they both fit where I have lived. If/when I mix it's only because of what the piece is rather than any pattern theory tho. Wear what you have, watch the wind and move carefully has always worked for me.

If using KUIU gear you have to match everything, including underwear, or it's like pulling trigger on an airhorn.
Happy Good Morning GIF by joeyahlbum

Guys I get that camo pattern makes little difference in the success of a hunt. Although, I do believe it helps enough to consider when selecting hunting clothes. I have killed critters in street clothes as well though I prefer wearing camo because it looks cooler😎. Playing the wind, sitting still, being quiet are obviously the more important things but a man can be an over thinker, can he not? I hunt heavily pressured public land and I want every edge I can over the competition. Just wanted to see how a mixture of the 2 would look, or any experience from people who have worn what I'm describing but don't have pictures, because I can't find anything on google images.

Guys I get that camo pattern makes little difference in the success of a hunt. Although, I do believe it helps enough to consider when selecting hunting clothes. I have killed critters in street clothes as well though I prefer wearing camo because it looks cooler😎. Playing the wind, sitting still, being quiet are obviously the more important things but a man can be an over thinker, can he not? I hunt heavily pressured public land and I want every edge I can over the competition. Just wanted to see how a mixture of the 2 would look, or any experience from people who have worn what I'm describing but don't have pictures, because I can't find anything on google images.
I think Camo makes a big difference in the success of becoming more undetected. Camo selection for me depends on the environment I'm hunting in. Case in point, back in 2008 on a AZ coveted Bull Archery hunt in Sept, i got after some bulls for a couple days that were in a darker forested area. I only came with one Camo pattern that was lighter in color that I had great success with days before. That camo made me look like a ghost in the woods in a darker forested area. Lesson learned for me. I think your fine mixing patterns as long as the overall color tone is on point overall. By the way, according to the science, the only color a deer can pick up on is Blue. Attached is a good article about it.

Last edited:
Use your phone to take some b/w pictures of your camo sitting in different vegetation and you'll soon learn a lot of these patterns are garbage.
Best pattern I've seen was a Hawaiian shirt with flowers all over it.

Camo is fine....it's the materials it's made from that make or break it....I had a long sleeved shirt in a cool burnt forest camo...it glowed in the sunlight....not a good piece to wear in the desert trying to sneak on pronghorn....nor anywhere....
Look cool at dinner parties...

Regardless of my first post in this thread, I will write often mix camo for same reason another poster mentioned. If the piece works for current conditions oil wear it regardless of camo. Honestly after starting with a couple pieces of Verde I have favored vias and think it's a more confusing pattern for animals. I mix gear and patterns from kuiu, kryptek, skre, asat, and some solids. Interesting thing last December while archery elk hunting, I was wearing asat jacket(a little small) and had got close to some elk for a 70yd shot and it was my last day to hunt. But the jacket was binding and shoulder was hurting and couldn't focus on pin or elk so had to let down. They left and I started following, got warm so took jacket off and layed it on side of road. After a circle through Creek bottom and not finding them I came up to road heading for truck, forgot about the jacket until I already passed it. Turned around to look for it, had to use binoculars and could barely make it out about 40yds away. This was 430pm in mid December so getting dark. I walked passed it at about 15ft away. I think it helps a little.

Recent Posts