Kuiu verde and valo

So this was the video that made me curious on this topic. It shows all 3 kuiu patterns with various backgrounds through human and deer eyes. Not knocking Vias but it is not as versatile as the other. I was very impressed with Valo, Verde has always been my favorite and it is right up there with Valo in versatility. But that got me thinking "hey I bet a combination of the 2 would be the ticket".

As well as the material the type detergent you wash the gear in can make a huge difference. Detergent with high amounts of phosphorus will give a blue hue to critters when your in the field.
Yep I always use Dead down wind. I even use it on my street clothes, normal detergent with the perfumes and dyes always make me itchy and sometimes cause a rash. Found the DDW concentrate to be lower cost than buying regular detergent from the grocery store advertised as "free of dyes and perfumes".

Camo patterns are made for people, not animals. The manufacturer has to attract your eye to make money.
While I do somewhat agree with this I will say there are certain camo patterns that only attract people whereas others actually do help blend. In my opinion Sitka optifade is one of those patterns that attracts people and isn't that great for actually blending in. Some of their newer patterns are a little better like sub alpine. The duck hunting pattern is another one in my opinion that is better at attracting people than blending in. I'll take realtree max 5 over the Sitka duck camo any day.

While I do somewhat agree with this I will say there are certain camo patterns that only attract people whereas others actually do help blend. In my opinion Sitka optifade is one of those patterns that attracts people and isn't that great for actually blending in. Some of their newer patterns are a little better like sub alpine. The duck hunting pattern is another one in my opinion that is better at attracting people than blending in. I'll take realtree max 5 over the Sitka duck camo any day.
And yet we kill deer every year wearing orange vests and hats. Any changes in color that break up your outline help but movement is always the enemy with deer.

I've hunted in most types of camo.Shot a lot of game in my lucky cabela fake wool shirt.Lot in my KOM.I mix and match whatever condition.Shot a majority in last ten years in my verde, as that what I have most of, I personally like the valo in many areas I hunt.Got hot hunting called this bull in wearing my black bear camo
IMG_0038.JPG

Big kuiu guy here, everything I own is verde, even though there is lots of greens I love how the pattern's high contrasting colors breaks up my outline. Curious about what mix-matching with the valo would look like in the field by introducing more browns. I can't find any pictures on google of people mixing the 2, do any of you wear mixed garments in these 2 patterns? If so share a photo or some insight.

Circa 1974 I used verde, except for the chuck taylors ... cheers..

20220809_120433.jpg