HOW LIGHT IS YOUR RIFLE

If you could use a vehicle to transport you gun and other gear to within say 100 feet from where you set up to hunt (long range), would the weight of your gun be as important to you?
What makes you think that there arent lots of people who do that?
Exactly! A few years ago I bought a Can-Am side by side to replace my older ATV and my plan to to ride the SxS near to my hunting spot, hide it and start calling! I plan on taking both 22-250's in my RV, then using the one that fits my hunting spot. I'd rather use the Remington varmint rifle but the Tikka is light enough and still gives me about 3/4 inch groups, so it'll depend on the circumstance on which rifle I use! Haven't found the time to go coyote hunting yet but it helps put me to sleep thinking about it instead of counting sheep!

WOW 75 AND STILL GOING THATS AMAZING.
77 now but almost 78! The desire doesn't stop but the ability does! Just got to be adaptable! The antelope in my picture was 13 years ago! Got him at 286 lasered yards with my 6 pound 257 Ackley and now I've got him on my wall!

Attachments

• 2011 Antelope.jpg
    2011 Antelope.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I don't have any listed as hunting, but all are for hogs, yotes and p-dogs. AR15 @ 3# 8ozs (223wylde 16") and AR10 @ 5# 5ozs (20" 308win)

I have 2 Rem 700 KS Mountain rifles. Both have been rebarreled with SS tubes that were contour matched to the original barrel. The .30-06 is wearing a Ziess Conquest 3x-9X40, the 28 Nosler is wearing a Leupold 4.5x-14 CDS 30mm and it has a 25" barrel instead of a 24" like it came with. Both weigh a couple ounces less than 8lbs ready to hunt.