Bear protection handguns?

Now I’m rethinking the guns I carry 😵‍💫
I packed a 1911 of several flavors and shot quite a bit with that old gun and I still shoot WAY better with one than the Glocks I’ve slowly began to favor.
Sooo… who makes the best plastic pistol with a grip closest to the 1911? 🤔
I don't measure the grip angle per se. I just shoot and see where I print, especially during speed drills on multiple targets. That's when I first saw issues/ difference of POA/POI due to grip angles. Most other firearms seem pretty close to the same grip angle of the 1911. Even the Glocks shoot just fine, for me, with their grip angle. I just train with my EDC so that the muscle memory takes over. Glocks can have their grips altered to point the same as 1911's. And there is a grip insert to make the Glocks point like a 1911. https://gripforceproducts.com/home

What amazes me is how much velocity and energy is gained in a pistol just increasing barrel length a bit. Going to a 6" barrel gets the 10mm quite a bit more performance. Some like the 45 Super conversion while I'd probably opt for the 460 Rowland if I wanted a bigger step up in performance. Not a fan of brakes for woods carry defense as they require hearing protection. I suppose if I needed the gun for a bear defense scenario, my hearing would probably be the last thing I'd worry about but that's still an issue. Recoil and followup shots are still important. The Rowland is roughy equal to a 10mm (without a brake) recoil wise. Another nice thing about converting the G21 to a Rowland is it will still shoot the 45 ACP round.

Do like the 460 Rowland and have used it but, seems the malfunctions increase too much for a real life defense round. They do suggest a milder load for self defense. Still think the longer 45 Win Mag would be quite a bit more reliable round for defense.

Do like the 460 Rowland and have used it but, seems the malfunctions increase too much for a real life defense round. They do suggest a milder load for self defense. Still think the longer 45 Win Mag would be quite a bit more reliable round for defense.
I’ve bounced between 10mm and upgrading to 460R but always end up talking myself back into a plain old vanilla Blackhawk 😵‍💫

Recent Posts