carbon bows

I sold my Mathews V3X 33 because it was overall too heavy for me too. It shot great though but I couldn’t shoot it long without getting very fatigued.
After I sold it, I bought a Hoyt RX7. It’s just what I had in my head I wanted and I still have the bow and have been shooting a lot. Still really like it. I like how I can add the accessories to get some weight for stability instead of starting heavy and only getting heavier. This works for me I guess.
If things work out, I’d like to get another 33-35” ata bow, Hoyt Ultra and Xpedition XLite are at the top of that list but won’t rule out a Lift 33 or AlphaX33 at the moment.

I have been shooting a Mathews VXR for the last 4 years, but I just bought a carbon PSE Mach 30. I am really liking it so far. It is more enjoyable to hold, shoot, and has a really nice draw cycle. I enjoy shooting it more than any bow I have owned in the last 40 years. I think I like shooting it mostly because of the draw cycle (EC2 Cam). I believe fully rigged out the PSE is a little over a pound lighter than the Mathew’s.

Also, Mathew’s has made a lighter bow for this year. It is still an aluminum bow but is only a few ounces heavier than most of the carbon bows. It does have a stiffer draw cycle, however….

I own 2 pse mach 1's and a mathews Phase 4 33.
I'm holding out for next years mathews 33 the lift was half the upgrade I want.

The new pse mach 30 is a pse mach 1 with more weight and a few extra features. They shoot/feel the same aside from the weight.

Buy a carbon bow for the weight savings only. Do not buy a carbon bow that weighs the same as an aluminum bow.

If you use the weight chart it rules out most of the carbon bows on the market. And for good reason. A more fragile riser needs to provide more benefit than being slightly warmer to the touch in freezing temps.

I bought an RX7 last year and love it. My boy just bought an RX8 because it goes to 32” draw. We still have to put a long D loop on it. Hope he is done growing. Otherwise he will be down to the Highline as it goes to 34”.
The balance on the RXs is incredible. That is what sold me. It is so quiet also. Tackett is hoping to win another 100 yard iron buck contest with his new RX8 this year.

Recent Posts