6 PRC

How much headroom do you have above that speed? I know @lancetkenyon has his 6 Creed running almost 3200 - not sure how close he is running to the edge either though.
3188fps. I am .6gr from pressure.
24" 1:7.5" w. Lapua SRP brass and H4350 w. 105 Hybs.

I have shot it from 11° to 115°F. No issues.

6PRC should be 3300+ easily.

My 6creed shoots 105's @ 3150fps so what's the point.
I see what you're saying, my 6cm shoots well that top node but isn't far from pressure. I have a 24" 6saum, and 109gr bullets get up around 3480 close to pressure with H1000. Rl26 and N565, closer 3550. I run the nose ring cut dtac at 3330 currently with N570, but had it up to 3450fps upon inital testing. It has ejector marks there but no bolt lift. 3330 is 3gr below where I found ejector marks.

Yeah I don't really get too crazy shooting close to pressure. I shot the 105's at 3380fps with Retumbo near pressure. And I sure they could go even faster with other powders.

It's just a powder volume to bullet weight ratio. The 6 PRC could smoke a 6 creed if you wanted it to. I just don't particularly care that much to be honest.

I'm building this new one on a 26" barrel and I wouldn't mind getting some peak velocity data for you guys if you'd like.

I normally stay like 2gr. Under pressure. A little bit of tuning forgiveness I feel like.

Nice buck!

The load that you settled on...is about the same load I used on my successful antelope hunt this year. Must be a good node for that bullet at around 3280 fps...

6mm 108 Berger EOL, 24" Criterion 1-7 twist, 24" long barrel. Ave 3283 fps, pushed by RL26. From my 6mm Creedmoor.

Nice buck!

The load that you settled on...is about the same load I used on my successful antelope hunt this year. Must be a good node for that bullet at around 3280 fps...

6mm 108 Berger EOL, 24" Criterion 1-7 twist, 24" long barrel. Ave 3283 fps, pushed by RL26. From my 6mm Creedmoor.
Awesome! Great to hear the data report also. How did the berger do on the Antelope?

+1 It won't take a person but one time at a competition, on a clock, having to deal with stuck cases, breaking an ejector, etc. to want to stay off the "edge".
I think it's even worse in a hunting situation. I met a guy coming out of the woods a couple years ago. He had shot at and missed a masher blacktail buck. Stuck a case on the first shot and could do nothing but watch as the buck continued to hound a doe for about 5 more minutes before disappearing. People that hunt the coast in Washington and NW Oregon know how truly hard to find a trophy blacktail buck is. You could hunt your whole life and never see one during the season. He was making the 2 mile hike back to his truck to try and get the stuck case out when I passed him. He looked utterly defeated.

Not to derail the thread but just another example of what can happen if you're running on the edge of pressure.

I think it's even worse in a hunting situation. I met a guy coming out of the woods a couple years ago. He had shot at and missed a masher blacktail buck. Stuck a case on the first shot and could do nothing but watch as the buck continued to hound a doe for about 5 more minutes before disappearing. People that hunt the coast in Washington and NW Oregon know how truly hard to find a trophy blacktail buck is. You could hunt your whole life and never see one during the season. He was making the 2 mile hike back to his truck to try and get the stuck case out when I passed him. He looked utterly defeated.

Not to derail the thread but just another example of what can happen if you're running on the edge of pressure.
As we coastlies know, throw a little moisture in there to increase pressure even more if your cares are wet going into your chamber. Seen that happen at a lot of prs matches 😂

Little more data today at 100yds. Still on new brass just playing. Started getting somewhat flattened primers at 59.0gr H1000 with 109 hybrids. Most accurate on new brass at 57.0gr. Speed / group in photo - I think this is going to be another impressive barrel that Travis turned out.

Oops, just noticed I didn't string but the first 3 shots on the Garmin. Oh well, hopefully take care on that next time.

Attachments

• IMG_7840.jpeg
    IMG_7840.jpeg
    198.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Ballistic-X-Export-2024-02-18 05:04:44.215750.jpg
    Ballistic-X-Export-2024-02-18 05:04:44.215750.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 74
Little more data today at 100yds. Still on new brass just playing. Started getting somewhat flattened primers at 59.0gr H1000 with 109 hybrids. Most accurate on new brass at 57.0gr. Speed / group in photo - I think this is going to be another impressive barrel that Travis turned out.

Oops, just noticed I didn't string but the first 3 shots on the Garmin. Oh well, hopefully take care on that next time.
That's great, do you think Retumbo could give you a bit more speed with less pressure?

Maybe, I'm going to need to get to some once-fired brass before getting serious about the numbers though. I've got some RL26 on hand if I need more speed 😀. If it will group similar to shown though, I am good with where I'm at.

Recent Posts