25 PRC

I have a Mansion 25 PRC (6.5 PRC necked down) Blackjack Spec Reamer (Live Pilot - 0.90" Freebore - 0.291" Neck) I bought from BJ back when the were still up and running. I like that I can just use a bushing in 6.5 PRC dies and I'm good to go. If anyone needs a barrel or use the reamer, send me a PM

I think it's a great option to get these high BC 25s moving faster than 25 creed.

I have a Mansion 25 PRC (6.5 PRC necked down) Blackjack Spec Reamer (Live Pilot - 0.90" Freebore - 0.291" Neck) I bought from BJ back when the were still up and running. I like that I can just use a bushing in 6.5 PRC dies and I'm good to go. If anyone needs a barrel or use the reamer, send me a PM

I think it's a great option to get these high BC 25s moving faster than 25 creed.
Would you happen to know the fired case capacity?

We are shooting 110g Accubonds and 115g Bergers and they just flatten deer on the spot, 3600 fps 26", 9T, with .030 Freebore reamer, 100g Partitions shoot 1/2" at 3850, most accurate partitions I have ever shot. 100g Hornady flat base holds together well on deer/hogs.

What is so impressive is how fast the animals hit the ground on bullet impact!

I hear ya Vince, I used a 257 Wby a fair bit many moons ago. Mainly the 100 Horn flat base (not sexy but darn it's a killer) along with 7828. It was a beast on elk on down to small big game like deer and lopes.

For a decade I ran totally amuck with a 6/06 after the 257 days and found it to be the same beast and that was b4 the quick twist became a thing! Would be a blast to run a quick twist 6/06 these days as well!

We are shooting 110g Accubonds and 115g Bergers and they just flatten deer on the spot, 3600 fps 26", 9T, with .030 Freebore reamer, 100g Partitions shoot 1/2" at 3850, most accurate partitions I have ever shot. 100g Hornady flat base holds together well on deer/hogs.

What is so impressive is how fast the animals hit the ground on bullet impact!
Nothing like velo and expansion to do the job.
That tell-tale smack sounds so good!
Im going to run 110-115 in my SST, is the plan.

Recent Posts