25 PRC

I'm most strongly leaning towards 25-300 weatherby at this point. Peterson makes 6.5-300 weatherby brass. Very straightforward. And shouldn't it work to just use one of those reamers with interchangeable pilots - put a 25 cal pilot on a 6.5-300 reamer?

I've never done this before, all factory rifles so far, excited to do this in a few years probably but also need to learn as much as I can.
Yes, there Peterson brass in the 6.5-300 wby is what I'm using now to make my 7 stw brass. When I can find it, but we'll worth it.

You're about to embark on a journey that never ends lol 😆 but I love it!!

My 25-6.5 PRC built on a 7.5 twist is doing bugholes with VV 560. My next workup looking for more velocity will be using VV 565. IMG_3494.jpeg

Could someone tell me what size bushing they are using to neck down their brass?

I'll be buying a full length bushing Forster die. The brass I have is ADG 6.5 PRC brass. My neck thickness is measuring .016".

The spec I received from Preferred says the barrel has a .291" neck.

Thank you.

Could someone tell me what size bushing they are using to neck down their brass?

I'll be buying a full length bushing Forster die. The brass I have is ADG 6.5 PRC brass. My neck thickness is measuring .016".

The spec I received from Preferred says the barrel has a .291" neck.

Thank you.
I have a PBB barrel. With Lapua brass I am using .285 bushing which yields .0035" neck tension. I bought 4 bushings initially (.284-.287)

I'm most strongly leaning towards 25-300 weatherby at this point. Peterson makes 6.5-300 weatherby brass. Very straightforward. And shouldn't it work to just use one of those reamers with interchangeable pilots - put a 25 cal pilot on a 6.5-300 reamer?

I've never done this before, all factory rifles so far, excited to do this in a few years probably but also need to learn as much as I can.
Go big or go home!! :D

25-378 Weatherby.

Needing some help.

Finally was able to spin the barrel on and I'm having some headspace issues.

Would anyone have a 6.5 PRC go gauge to lend for me to verify headspace?

Also, if anyone would like to share what their base to datum measurement is to have as a reference, that would be great as well.

I was able to get a piece of necked down ADG brass to cycle but only after I trimmed off the neck and set the shoulder back a good amount.

I've bottomed out my Forster bushing die to bump the shoulder.

I believe it's a headspace issue.

Recent Posts