Muzzle device between a muzzle brake and suppressor

Any interest in a product like this?

• Yes

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
I mentioned thus kind of device a few years ago.....someone said "why...it's not going to change the recoil....".....
I hope you prove him wrong....
I'd be up for one on aspects that sound is forced forward away from shooter and reduced recoil.....

'Jenous'.....think alike
I promise you he was 100% wrong. I'll update the post when I have some up for sale. Transactions will likely have to be conducted through PayPal or something of the sort until I can get a website up and running. So many things to do…

I promise you he was 100% wrong. I'll update the post when I have some up for sale. Transactions will likely have to be conducted through PayPal or something of the sort until I can get a website up and running. So many things to do…
Carefull of pp, if they find out it's gun related they will lock your account and seize your funds

I recently filed for my provisional patent on a muzzle device that falls in between a suppressor and a muzzle brake. I designed it for those of us that can't and won't justify a suppressor but are tired of having to carry hearing protection in the field and hurry to put it on before a shot. There are one or two similar products on the market but mine is set apart by having a timing nut and an integrated barrel harmonic tuner. I'm getting close to being able to bring it to market and wanted to know if this sounds like something people would be very interested in
I would love to but the proper and calibrated equipment is extremely expensive, even to rent. I would consider the sound to be equivalent to that of a bare muzzle

The problem is that all bare-muzzle centerfire rifles are still loud enough to be causing permanent hearing damage every time a shot is fired without earpro. If the sound pressure at shooter was legitimately sub-140 decibels, you'd gain some interest as a device that is approaching "hearing safe". But achieving that likely requires features that require qualification as a suppressor.

The problem is that all bare-muzzle centerfire rifles are still loud enough to be causing permanent hearing damage every time a shot is fired without earpro. If the sound pressure at shooter was legitimately sub-140 decibels, you'd gain some interest as a device that is approaching "hearing safe". But achieving that likely requires features that require qualification as a suppressor.
You are 100% correct. The top two scenarios I had in mind when designing this were as follows:
1. Any time you are shooting with someone to your right or left. This will prevent that blast wave from a standard brake smacking them in the ears.
2. While out hunting when you are presented with an unexpected, quick shot opportunity and you don't have time to put on hearing protection.

We have all shot bare muzzles while hunting with no ear pro. Is it recommended? Absolutely not. But we still do it. So why not get some recoil reduction AND harmonic tuning ability while you're at it?

This is interesting. Keep going, I'd love to see any results with recoil reduction
I know a lot of people would like to see measurements with precision equipment. I would too. But it's going to be a while before I can do something like that. In the meantime, I was considering making a short video with my Magneto on the barrel to show speeds and shoot bare muzzle, with a SRS TI PRO3 5 port brake and then my device. It would only be a visual representation of recoil but I'm very limited for the time being

Carefull of pp, if they find out it's gun related they will lock your account and seize your funds
They absolutely will seize your funds and lock your account. Might have to list the product as "Plumbing fixtures" to sneak it by them, but I wouldn't take the chance. Again, Good Luck in your endeavor.

I spoke with my machinist. I will be putting in an order soon for 25 compact units (the one pictured) and 25 magnum units. The compact has a 4 port brake and is 1.2" OD. The magnum has a larger 5 port brake and is 1.5" OD. They will be nitride black and I'll post when I have them in hand ready to ship