WHY????

I have a model 99 in 243 I bought awhile back. It's sitting in the safe for my grandson. Never been shot. I know he'll love it .
I had one of these for years. It was a tack driver with lighter loads. It shot fine with full pressure but I’d have case head separation after 3 firings. Was my truck gun until I tried to shoot a coyote in sub freezing temperatures and it wouldn’t fire. Got tired of moving it so I let a friend have it!

The long and short of it, they're a great rifle. But, there are newer calibers with higher BC coefficient that out preform the 243. The rise of the creedmore but the 243 way in the back of the mind of a new shooter.
Can't disagree but the higher BC does not matter inside 300, probably 400, which is well beyond the range that most new shooters/hunters will be shooting. It's a shame they seldom hear of the 243 before purchasing their 6.5 creedmoor.

said correctly no one wants to sell their kids rifle or those keeping them for grand children! :)

Mine will most likely be shooting a 240 or 6mm, but 243's can be had all day long new/old rifles everywhere for sale just maybe not here. Gunsinternational and skip GB fee's and taxes on most;

said correctly no one wants to sell their kids rifle or those keeping them for grand children! :)

Mine will most likely be shooting a 240 or 6mm, but 243's can be had all day long new/old rifles everywhere for sale just maybe not here. Gunsinternational and skip GB fee's and taxes on most;
I'm just like anyone else I don't really need another rifle but it's a problem I have. I'm addicted!!! Lol! When someone tells me they have a model 7 in any caliber I am definitely tested. Just to see if I can keep from it. Thanks for the replies and opinions so far!

I have a .243 in a Browning BLR.....
I have one in my closet from a client being hidden from her brothers...but the owner..'she'...won't sell it to me...'she' will never shoot it again....keep trying to offer up cash or trade of work.......it's got a cruddy little scope on it...but the rifle is in really nice shape for being over 40 years old.....

I will get it.....one day 'she' will slip up....
It will be mine..... 😂🤣😂.....one day....

Recent Posts