Who's tracking you?

crazymonkey

After seeing several YouTube blips about gps trackers being installed on newer cars and trucks I thought I'd look under my dash on my ram and found a gps tracker . I've had issues with dead batteries on hunts from not starting the truck for several days and it explains it. But the dealership is saying there not installing them. So who is? It's definitely after the truck is built as it's tapped into the obd2 wires .

Attachments

• 20240721_072417.jpg
    20240721_072417.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 20240721_080917.jpg
    20240721_080917.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 179
Short answer is everyone is tracking you. Your phone is the biggest tattle tell of all. Go with duck duck go for some relief, but ultimately if you enjoy all the tech features on most devices you're gonna have to accept the intrusion.
100%

I thought it was interesting that Congress wants to ban TicTok when just the basic phone itself does the same thing.

Had an interesting yet scary incident with an iPhone at work this past winter.

Had it sitting on the table next to me during our morning job briefing.
After the briefing we started BSing when out of the blue my iPhone says "That's not very nice!"
No idea what triggered it, but the whole place heard it and went quiet. It was definately one of those "what the farce?" moments.

Some buy here pay here places put them in so if you miss a payment they shut down the car and retrieve it . Possibly vehicle was part of a rental fleet .
It's a 18 ram mega cab possibility maybe . But I don't think so it's got a ton of add on stuff that fleet or rental stuff wouldn't usually . It's very well optioned and they usually are not.