Who's tracking you?

According to my cousin who is an Allstate rep, virtually all auto insurance companies are moving in the direction of basing rates on digital info provided by your car. If you allow this monitoring, you can save or lose money depending upon how you drive. In addition to your milage, it will monitor if you exceed the speed limits, accelerate rapidly, slam on the brakes or do anything else that indicates that you are not driving like a nun.
Like everyone else I enjoy saving money and I realize that someone or something is monitoring or tracking me everywhere I go nowadays but I'm definitely not volunteering for it.
@crazymonkey this sounds like what's causing your battery to drain from what wedgy said so I will assume that you are cutting the cord so to speak?

I worked (past tense) for the largest township in the country. About 10 years ago they put a GPS tacker in every car they had. About a year later, they put one on every piece of heavy equipment (bulldozers, backhoes and such) and every vessel that we had.

You would be amazed at how many employees got caught doing some incredibly stupid things despite the fact that they were told that the vehicles were being tracked. Some of the tracking systems were very sophisticated. Snowplows were transmitting not only how fast they were plowing but also indicated the position of the plow blade and speed of the salt spreader, all in real time.

Like everyone else I enjoy saving money and I realize that someone or something is monitoring or tracking me everywhere I go nowadays but I'm definitely not volunteering for it.
@crazymonkey this sounds like what's causing your battery to drain from what wedgy said so I will assume that you are cutting the cord so to speak?

The systems that our township installed were supposed to go into sleep mode if the vehicle didn't move for a period of time, thus, avoiding the battery drain. However, the units did not always move into that mode and did exhaust a few batteries.

Absolutely !! I've already pulled it out . Luckily it wasn't to hard . It's got a battery inside and a Sim card for cell type stuff .