effects oftakingCollagen

Danehunter

I used to take glucosamine/condritin capsules for joint protection.My joints were fine but I wanted to keep them that way.
Since I switched to collagen on my youngest daughter's recommendation I have learned that in fact I did have knee problems I hadn't recognized before. How did I discover this in my late 70s? Because after taking collagen for a few months my knees did not have this little "twinges" I felt after a 2 hour hike with a 20 pound pack. Getting better results as I age? Frikkin' amazing!

I used to take glucosamine/condritin capsules for joint protection.My joints were fine but I wanted to keep them that way.
Since I switched to collagen on my youngest daughter's recommendation I have learned that in fact I did have knee problems I hadn't recognized before. How did I discover this in my late 70s? Because after taking collagen for a few months my knees did not have this little "twinges" I felt after a 2 hour hike with a 20 pound pack. Getting better results as I age? Frikkin' amazing!
Wow I'm glad you touched on this subject. So it really does make a difference. Does it help with a lack of energy ?

1, 4, 5, 6, and 7 have been part of my weekly diet for most of my life. I also make my own bone and vegetable broth.

oth

Last edited:
My knees have bothered me (mild to moderate pain) as well as cracked and popped for as long as I can remember. Been adding powdered collagen to my coffee for about 10 months now. I would say they are 90% better. Only on occasion do I feel them enough to think about it and they don't make near the bad noises. I also gave up alcohol, carbs, and sugar so I can't give credit to only one change. I'm 47.

Yay! I found the old achey creaky guys! 😁. I started taking glucosamine w/MSM and collagen for a slightly grindy hip a few years ago. Went away. I use the Costco stuff for the first and Vital Proteins collagen peptides in chocolate flavor for the latter. I put a scoop of collagen powder in my coffee, whip it up and voila, have mocha. Seems to help quite a bit. Also key though is to stretch your legs. Hams, quads, calves(front and back) and adductors (inside thigh) Most stretches hit at least two of those at a time so it doesn't take as long as you think. Currently on day 27 of a 32 day stretch of rucking worked up to 63 lbs. Final one on 9/13 will be with 79 lbs as a reward. Then I go back to normal training weight of 55lbs 4-5 x a week. 58, former smoker, asthma yada yada