effects oftakingCollagen

I've been doing some researching on collagen for a few months and especially since reading this forum. I decided from what I've read online and your great comments to give Ancient Nutrition multi collagen protein a try and ordered some today. It has 10 types of collagen plus amino acids and is 3rd party tested. Thanks for y'alls comments and I'll try to update down the road. At 67 and 37.5 years working as a Boilermaker, my knees are about worn out. Hoping it will help.
Ordered some myself although not the same brand.
I will try to update in a month or so.

After 30 years in the ortho business, and observing over 150 Total Knee replacements and over 250 Total hip replacement, my respectful advice is take anything that makes you feel better, with the permission of your Primary Care Physician. When the joint pain finally becomes so annoying, you will then see an orthopedic surgeon. If he says the magic words 'Bone on Bone", no amount of Pixie dust can FIX that. Its then up to you to agree/or not , to a Total Knee Replacement. There are Total Knee systems today, designed to go into younger patients , and designed to last many years . The best Tires wear out if you drive a lot , the best barrels can be shot out, if you shoot enough!! IF we are active into our 70,s and 80,s our knees will also wear out. When it's my turn, I ll get a procedure done in April/ May, so I can be back in field 100 % come November. Just my humble opinion Boys

I'm 63 years old and I believe the best thing for health is exercise and proper nutrition, which to me includes collagen, I use ancient nutrition. I do not trust the medical profession, as their whole deal is generating $$$ if we are all healthy they do not make money, think of that! I have three daughters in medical, 2 of the 3 are " indoctrinated to the systems thinking/ teaching". I could go on and on but now you know where I am coming from.
I just lost a close friend to a brain tumor and the medical did not even touch diet or nutrition for him, not even mentioning it. We now know cancer thrives in and acidic body and cannot thrive in an alkaline body, ph above 7.
Every morning I drink a how water tea combo of the following
Teaspoon honey
1/8 teaspoon of turmeric for inflammation
1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to expand blood vessels
1/8 teaspoon ginger for joints and arthritis
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon black pepper this helps water penetrate cells
1 teaspoon of Bobs red mill baking soda for alkaline effect
And then I drink a flask 16 oz of protein, collagen, mst oil and 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/16 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. I feel it works wonders for me. I have spent a life of prairie and mountain hunting and am still very active today. Nutrition and exercise are key…. Stay away from coffee (acidic ) sugar and food out of a box…the food industry works will medical industry to keep us poisoned and sick so they make money, it is true! And they are about to be exposed by RFK jr along with all fake vaccines!!!
Stop and think, how come doctors are pushing nutrition and exercise instead of pills and procedures??? MONEY!

I'm 63 years old and I believe the best thing for health is exercise and proper nutrition, which to me includes collagen, I use ancient nutrition. I do not trust the medical profession, as their whole deal is generating $$$ if we are all healthy they do not make money, think of that! I have three daughters in medical, 2 of the 3 are " indoctrinated to the systems thinking/ teaching". I could go on and on but now you know where I am coming from.
I just lost a close friend to a brain tumor and the medical did not even touch diet or nutrition for him, not even mentioning it. We now know cancer thrives in and acidic body and cannot thrive in an alkaline body, ph above 7.
Every morning I drink a how water tea combo of the following
Teaspoon honey
1/8 teaspoon of turmeric for inflammation
1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to expand blood vessels
1/8 teaspoon ginger for joints and arthritis
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon black pepper this helps water penetrate cells
1 teaspoon of Bobs red mill baking soda for alkaline effect
And then I drink a flask 16 oz of protein, collagen, mst oil and 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/16 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. I feel it works wonders for me. I have spent a life of prairie and mountain hunting and am still very active today. Nutrition and exercise are key…. Stay away from coffee (acidic ) sugar and food out of a box…the food industry works will medical industry to keep us poisoned and sick so they make money, it is true! And they are about to be exposed by RFK jr along with all fake vaccines!!!
Stop and think, how come doctors are pushing nutrition and exercise instead of pills and procedures??? MONEY!
I agree 100%. If we are healthy they can't make money. Look at how many medications everyone is on! It's a staggering amount each person is taking and it doesn't cure anything only creates side effects and they give you another pill for that.

My middle child is an internal medicine doctor and I said " all you guys are is pill pushers for big Pharma" and the answer I got was shhhhhh! Be quiet . Western medicine and big Pharma has not cured one single disease. They create the problem and come running with the cure. It's called the Kazarian Satanic Cabal is in charge. All top level people in big Pharma are Kazarian Jews satanic worshipers.

I agree 100%. If we are healthy they can't make money. Look at how many medications everyone is on! It's a staggering amount each person is taking and it doesn't cure anything only creates side effects and they give you another pill for that.

It's usually a waste of money on non medical grade, non FDA regulated placebos. You think big pharma industries bad? You haven't been in enough gyms long enough. The supplement world is criminal. I rather just buy gear (slang for steroids). It's more straight forward than wasting money on supplements. It's only been the last year or so that people are independently lab testing things like multivitamins. If you don't trust medical professionals, definitely don't trust the supplement companies.

Outside of the beauty industry, there are little study's of Collagen helping with joints specifically, and one of the decent ones I could find is out of Germany, for whatever that is worth.

That's for a person with a well balanced diet and protein intake, which is what supplements are suppose to help with. They "supplement," poor nutrition. Which could be for any reason good or bad.
It's not 100% guaranteed that the ingredients are what they claim they are since supplements aren't regulated or overseen in anyway whatsoever, but let's pretend everything is legit….

If a supplement are helping it would suggest that the primary issue is poor nutrition since collagen is formed from peptides created during digestion. If it was a magical cure all, big pharma would be pushing it on everyone.

I really like this guys YouTube. He's pretty big into reviewing the science and scientific studies behind working out and supplements.

He did this one about Collagen a year ago. I quit buying/taking Collagen after watching it. I added it to my daily whey protein shake (no noticeable effects to dropping it).

Last edited:
I really like this guys YouTube. He's pretty big into reviewing the science and scientific studies behind working out and supplements.

He did this one about Collagen a year ago. I quit buying/taking Collagen after watching it. I added it to my daily whey protein shake (no noticeable effects to dropping it).

It's like I said, the supplement industry is criminal.

You're hard pressed to tell me the difference between beef protein supplement and collagen. More so, IF you are going to use collagen, it should be mixed with a steady protein diet or with whey protein. Even doing so, your body will use the amino acids however it needs to.

The results person to person is negligible if they don't eat like **** on a regular basis.

It's like I said, the supplement industry is criminal.

You're hard pressed to tell me the difference between beef protein supplement and collagen. More so, IF you are going to use collagen, it should be mixed with a steady protein diet or with whey protein. Even doing so, your body will use the amino acids however it needs to.

The results person to person is negligible if they don't eat like **** on a regular basis.
The majority of people don't get collagen in their diet from natural sources though. It also does more than just help joints.

The majority of people don't get collagen in their diet from natural sources though. It also does more than just help joints.
See my other post.
Supplements are for supplementing a poor diet. Not replacement. Not a boost. The majority of people are fat and sugar dependent. Americas obesity percent is out of control. That's a choice.
Buying a supplement isn't going change that, and by itself, as a peptide doesn't do anything anymore than eating some steak and eggs.

Again, in my first post. The beauty industry has had a hand in studying collagen since the 70s. I'm aware. I've read the studies. But this thread is about joints. There really is no reliable clinical study that supports connective tissues or joint repair/aid from collagen use.

Again, it's not FDA regulated, it's not overseen, and big pharma doesn't think it does anything worth getting that medical insurance money. There's not even a way to know for sure what a brand is putting in their supplements. It's why supplements back in the day was able to get away with ephedrine in thermogentics for so long, which actual worked. Until people started dying.

Americas obesity percent is out of control.
This is easy to see, just look around.
This is probably part of the reason so many have issues with their joints.
Most doctors refuse to tell their patients that they would help their joints (along with most other problems) if they ate right, exercise and dropped 80#.
I do have some knee pain from years riding dirt bikes. I don't eat junk, exercise regularly and 5'10" 157 pounds, so definitely not fat and lazy but wouldn't mind less knee pain. Collagen may or may not work but it's worth a try for a couple months imo.