Whats the worse rifle or gun you ever bought?

Had a Browning 725 Sporting High Grade Medallion, loved everything about the gun except that the tolerances were so tight or the metal so soft that even with proper lubrication the receiver destroyed itself after opening it 100 times. Ended up sending it back and should be getting a refund in the next few weeks.

A lady called me and wanted to sell her dad's shotgun, one much like yours. I told her the actual value and she was shocked because of the low value quote. I still cannot understand why Browning would use such poor steel. The gun she was selling was of very soft steel. I know steel because I have been a professional knife maker for many years.

My CZ 457 Varmint. It won’t shoot a group smaller than 2” @ 50yd no matter what ammo I try. I’m about ready to toss this thing in the river.
Just to make sure I wasn’t losing it, I took out my stock 10/22 and shot a .75” group. So at this point a have a very nice paperweight.
CZ should make it work. Contact them!

@Old Hickory 45

I’m pretty sure it was due to the extensive engravings, my guess was it wasn’t heat treated correctly as it was galling every part that had engraving. My Dad has a 725 with the standard nitrided finish and it has zero wear on it after well over 1000 rounds.
Had dealings with quite a few 725s. You definitely got a lemon unfortunately. I shoot a Citori CX and it has certainly been a good one

After I bought my BAR after the initial scope zero, I re-barreled my savage 300 win mag to another caliber 338 win mag. I was going to hunt Elk and mule deer with the BAR. But when I was dialing in the BAR with factory ammo and handloads, just wasn't comfortable with it, besides a close in shot less than 100 yards, which is a mid-western hunt. Wound up buying a CA mesa in 300 win mag which shoots real well. Will still work on loads for the BAR, it is just a really nice looking rifle. I am getting to retirement age will have more time and patience. But as you stated if it could cause me a problem in a hunt, may never hunt with it.
Obviously, there is probably a "one off" for every rifle and cartridge. I have a Browning BAR Mark 3 in 7mm Mag and it's extremely accurate with Nosler Partitions in 160 grain. Recently, I shot a 500# hog and it hit right where I was aiming, in the head. DRT.

@Old Hickory 45

I’m pretty sure it was due to the extensive engravings, my guess was it wasn’t heat treated correctly as it was galling every part that had engraving. My Dad has a 725 with the standard nitrided finish and it has zero wear on it after well over 1000 rounds.
Yeah on heat treat! Could also be very low carbon steel. You must be a fellow knife maker.

Yeah on heat treat! Could also be very low carbon steel. You must be a fellow knife maker.
Unfortunately not, I’m not that skilled at making stuff. My background is in sales for industrial manufacturing and heat treating for hardness is required on some of our equipment.

Plus when I bought my original Mausingfield they specifically had a note on their page that if you were going to be engraving the action to note it in the order and they would ship you an unhardened action for engraving and then take it back to harden it afterwards.

Kimber stainless, synthetic.375. After bore sighting, first shot was on paper. Next one completely off target. Repeated this over and over. Tried different scope, ammo, rings…….
Sent it back to Kimber and 3 months later (and only weeks before my brown bear hunt), after a significant tongue lashing as far up the ladder as they would let me go, they admitted it was a bad barrel. Re-barrelled and sent it back. Close to MOA now, but huge headache and hassle for a $2k + rifle. I regret not having a semi-custom rifle built