Whats the worse rifle or gun you ever bought?

Just reminded me of another. Zastava made Mini Mark X Mauser in 223. Groups measured in FEET at 300 yards. Rebarreled with Douglass 26 inch premium bull barrel in 223 and it was shoot under 1/4 inch on a good day now.

Remington 700 XCR bought new couldn't get it to shoot worth crap tried a ton of different handloads as well as 8 different factory loadings including Nosler and Hornady and Federal. Eventually the action got used in a build but I wasted about 1.5 years on trying to get that rifle to shoot. Best I ever got was about 3 inches.

Sure was a very different experience from my earlier 700s it went back to Remington twice before I gave up and parted it out.

The worse rifle I ever bought was a tie between a Winchester model 70 stainless control feed 338 win mag and a CVA express muzzleloader honorable mention is a new one a kimber model 84 in 6.5 cm .The Winchester model 70 stainless with a boss was about a total flop but a friend shot 7 moose with it in Alaska .The finish some kinda coating rusted and flaked in the gun case .The magazine wouldn't work I had to get a whole new trigger guard and magazine .The worse thing they totally drilled the scope mount holes totally crooked making it almost impossible to get a scope to work .I finally got Burris signature rings with offset to tje maximum offset .The scope barely could site in .Winchester almost replaced the whole gun but backed out because there were any more boss 338s .The cva express muzzleloader was total junk it had one site for two barrels and fell off .I finally got a set if express sites which heroes. THE funnest thing is that it fell apart many tomes because the hinge pin fell out making the gum fall apart cba finally fixed it but didn't want to .The kmber model 84 in 6.5 cm just jams and kimber refuses to fix it .I don't know if it's yhe magazine or the bedding .I am going to try another magazine hopefully that works .The other problem with it is lack of scope mounrs I can't find one for this model totally sold out .I wish companies would furnish at least weaver bases .Bad guns totally stink I had a few more too a marlin muzzleloader that's hangfires like up to 10 mins later is the most unsafe I quit shooting it .
My worst rife was a 7mm mag. I don't remember if it was a Remmington or Ruger rifle. It's to long ago around 1970 and I bought it used because I wanted a long-range rifle at that time. The rifle shot great and even better with my reloads. But there is a But. Every time I shot it, the rifle would about tear my shoulder off. It got to the point I started flinching when squeezing the trigger. That was it, it was gone... I needed a long ranger weapon because of the work with a sheriff's office, so went back to the 308 which I had been using for a few years.

..easy one..a when introduced WW SXP LONGBEARD in 20 ga....an awesome turkey gun, released with the worst trigger EVERY produced by any manufacturer on Earth...12 1/2 lb pull, took two fingers, sent it back and WW did NOTHING, NEVER AGAIN WW..recently found an aftermarket replacement and presto it fixed her right up but really ****ed me off is that it was made by WW...should have been a recall because they knew it was JUNK when released..

It would be hard to pick one, but they were all Ruger’s. A 416 Rigby 77, a #1 in 6mm, a 7mm RM 77 and a 22-250 Hawk eye.

The stocks did not fit me, all but the 416 were quite inaccurate. I sold all. But I restocked the 7mm RM and it went from painful to shoot to mild. The 416 was painful to shoot.
The 22-250 was a 3 MOA shooter with the best loads.
I sent the 6mm #1 into Ruger and they sent a 7/8” 50 yard group and told me that it indeed was accurate. This 6mm had a bull barrel.

I did have a 280 77 that was accurate - a 77 with varmint weight barrel.

Had a Browning 725 Sporting High Grade Medallion, loved everything about the gun except that the tolerances were so tight or the metal so soft that even with proper lubrication the receiver destroyed itself after opening it 100 times. Ended up sending it back and should be getting a refund in the next few weeks.

IMG_0523.jpeg

I also owned a Browning BAR .300 Win Mag
And it too was finicky with different ammunition
It almost cost me a really nice Bull Elk
I got rid of it right after that hunt
After I bought my BAR after the initial scope zero, I re-barreled my savage 300 win mag to another caliber 338 win mag. I was going to hunt Elk and mule deer with the BAR. But when I was dialing in the BAR with factory ammo and handloads, just wasn't comfortable with it, besides a close in shot less than 100 yards, which is a mid-western hunt. Wound up buying a CA mesa in 300 win mag which shoots real well. Will still work on loads for the BAR, it is just a really nice looking rifle. I am getting to retirement age will have more time and patience. But as you stated if it could cause me a problem in a hunt, may never hunt with it.

After I bought my BAR after the initial scope zero, I re-barreled my savage 300 win mag to another caliber 338 win mag. I was going to hunt Elk and mule deer with the BAR. But when I was dialing in the BAR with factory ammo and handloads, just wasn't comfortable with it, besides a close in shot less than 100 yards, which is a mid-western hunt. Wound up buying a CA mesa in 300 win mag which shoots real well. Will still work on loads for the BAR, it is just a really nice looking rifle. I am getting to retirement age will have more time and patience. But as you stated if it could cause me a problem in a hunt, may never hunt with it.
My dads bar 300 win mag is the most accurate semiautomatic i have ever shot .It shoots 1/2 ,inch gruops at 100 yards with most ammo i tried .I do clean the heck out of the barrrel and chamber everytime i shoot it and clean it after 40 shots .I wish i had not sold the other one that i also won in a deer contest .I did have tons of problems with it zippimg through deer and not expandimg .I felt the 300 win mag was not much better than 3006 so i got 338 win mags which had way more knock down power .I used the 338 win mag 36 years always awesome but it eats bad scopes qiuck.

Had a Browning 725 Sporting High Grade Medallion, loved everything about the gun except that the tolerances were so tight or the metal so soft that even with proper lubrication the receiver destroyed itself after opening it 100 times. Ended up sending it back and should be getting a refund in the next few weeks.

View attachment 580014
Ouch...My Citori Hunter is back at Browning for stock work and has been for 8 months. Stuff like my issue and your issue makes me want to divest fully from their products. My Browning A-bolt2 ss 300win shots so well though that I'm having a hard time fully going there.

Recent Posts