Great discussion.

I may have missed it so this may be covered here, but an animal can change from one moment to another as to its willingness to die quickly. My point is that you can shoot an animal that is totally comfortable, at ease, feeding, bedded, getting a drink, and it dies much easier than one that is pumped full of adrenaline. An elk that just broke over the mountain in front of you running away from other hunters is going to be able to absorb much more punishment than the one standing up from its bed and yawning. Sometimes the cartridge and caliber don't have as much to do with it as the animal's current state of mind so to speak. I do believe bigger is better as long as the shooter can place the bullet where it needs to go, that will always be the most important part of taking game in my humble opinion. Bad shots are going to happen if you take enough of them, a poor shot should be given plenty of time before recovery is even attempted.

Hahaha I like cellulose more sure. 6010/6011, 7010 & 8010.

My neck gets used to welding downhill cellulose, and then when I get on a big 7018 job, my neck is sore for a couple of days from welding in reverse haha.

I actually just retested the other day. This was the 12” .375” 7010
View attachment 581737
Dang Picasso!
Tight row of dimes👍

When discussions are brought up about cartridge size and how fast they kill the one thing that seems to not be considered is that all animals are not equal. For instance I’ve shot 12 pound groundhogs with a 22lr in the ribs that died right now lights out and you couldn’t even tell where I hit it other than a few drops of blood. While this year I made poor wind call and shot a small one in the guts with my 6mm creed with a 87 vmax and it drug itself and it’s guts trailing 30 feet to its hole. I’ve also shot them in the guts with a 22-250 and they drop stone dead.
I shot a whitetail last fall with my 6mm creed at 200 yards and hit her in the liver and she dropped stone dead right now no twitching nothing. Then rewind a few years back I shot a doe at 50 yards and hit her back in the liver with a 270 shooting 130 interlocks and she ran 200 yards. I literally found a whole kidney and what was left of the liver laying on the ground in the blood trail and she still went that far. All I can say is some animals have more will to live.

I could give examples like this all day and we could make conclusions based on small sample sizes but that doesn’t make it a finite point. At the end of the day if a fella is shooting a 6mm (I’ll use this because it was the small caliber mentioned prior) and he has practices done his homework and takes his environment and abilities into consideration in every hunting situation I see no reason why it wouldn’t be as effective of a tool as a larger caliber. And using a larger caliber doesn’t make it right to not do your due diligence.

If you’re using a larger gun because you think it will bridge the gap for marginal hits whether unintentionally or intentionally placed, then you need to evaluate your thinking and position as a sportsman before lecturing those who shoot smaller calibers on game about their choices being marginal or unethical.

I couldn’t get through the Experience Project 470. I tried, but my BS meter pegged out on Form. His claims of the number of deer/elk he shoots, and the claim of his scientific analysis he completes is hard to believe. Statements go from 300WM blowing a basketball hole in an animal to the only difference between a 6mm CM is 300WM is a small difference in wound channel. Shoot what you like….

I couldn’t get through the Experience Project 470. I tried, but my BS meter pegged out on Form. His claims of the number of deer/elk he shoots, and the claim of his scientific analysis he completes is hard to believe. Statements go from 300WM blowing a basketball hole in an animal to the only difference between a 6mm CM is 300WM is a small difference in wound channel. Shoot what you like….
Totally understandable Mark! He is a little overly descriptive sometimes for sure. And I too had a completely pegged ******** meter on him as well for quite a while.

That is until he backed up everything he said with 100’s of photos of dead animals, along with completely removed organs, showing different bullets and wound channels.

Trust me, I was in the same boat 100%. But the actual photos are pretty hard to refute. As well as the whitetail does with exits the size of soccer balls from big 30-338 and 162 A-max’s (Which is what he was referring to).

I’m not much of a “follower”. I really just do things for myself and test for myself and genuinely dislike just theorizing about things. I want to do it, and see it.

Someone that genuinely has killed lots of animals, and takes the time to fully remove internals just for the sake of documentation and gaining knowledge of wounds, IMO at least deserves to be heard. Then conclusions can be drawn from there.

Totally understandable Mark! He is a little overly descriptive sometimes for sure. And I too had a completely pegged ******** meter on him as well for quite a while.

That is until he backed up everything he said with 100’s of photos of dead animals, along with completely removed organs, showing different bullets and wound channels.

Trust me, I was in the same boat 100%. But the actual photos are pretty hard to refute. As well as the whitetail does with exits the size of soccer balls from big 30-338 and 162 A-max’s (Which is what he was referring to).

I’m not much of a “follower”. I really just do things for myself and test for myself and genuinely dislike just theorizing about things. I want to do it, and see it.

Someone that genuinely has killed lots of animals, and takes the time to fully remove internals just for the sake of documentation and gaining knowledge of wounds, IMO at least deserves to be heard. Then conclusions can be drawn from there.
There are enough guys that have been around form to know he’s not full of it. I believe he has some connections with some big ranches that allow him to shoot volumes of cow elk yearly. Not saying he’s right or wrong, but I don’t think he’s living in his moms basement in south Florida.