Pennsylvania doe tags

$6.97 a tag for Pa residents
$26.97 a tag for non resident
A tag is required and can only be used in that wmu( wildlife management unit)
Thanks for the info. I suspect Southern states will go that route at some point. We have newbies moving in from blue states right and left. New couple moved in about quarter mile from me from Connecticut. He's ok, she's a bit strange. A fox was spotted in their yard and they were afraid it would get her cats. Wanted me to shoot \trap it. I told them not to leave cat food outside, that was what it was after. Not her cats.

I was able to get online around 3 in the afternoon and get a 2G doe tag with no problems. Those used to be hard to get. This a long range only tag for me. If I’m unable to get upstate to hunt the second and third weekends of rifle season then it won’t get used. Not a big deal with the amount of deer I’ve been seeing in bear season.

I woke up at 8 and logged in on my phone and was already number around 2000. After I showered and got morning started figured I'd drive to Walmart and just see if there was a line. Walked back to sporting goods was only one guy in line 5 minutes later had my license and a 2g tag before my queue was ready on my phone,so i was happy . Last year took hours and hours on phone because lines were way to long for me to want to stand in. Now tomorrow when rest of state goes on sell it may be a mad house again.

You’re guaranteed a tag until July 7th so I see no reason to rush. I didn’t really have a lot of issues last year but I wasn’t in a rush then. I guess I’m fortunate I hunt a wmu that doesn’t run out of tags super fast.

About $7 for a doe tag. Certain areas deer numbers are low, otherwise it would be nice to just get a either or tag with your license. No shortage of deer in my area!
I went to WalMart & got my license yesterday along with a doe tag & archery stamp. Little over $44.00 But then WMU 5A is usually easy to get. I usually make a trip to the court house to buy the other 5 tags.

Last edited:
I went to WalMart & got my license yesterday along with a doe tag & archery stamp. Little over $44.00 But then WMU 5A is usually easy to get. I usually make a trip to the court house to buy the other 5 tags.
I’m going out shortly to get my license and a doe tag. 1A has plenty of tags but I usually settle for 2 doe tags. We’ll only eat 2 deer a year and I like to have a second doe tag in case I don’t get a buck.
I just started a new job a couple years ago and lost about 2 weeks vacation which really puts a damper on my time hunting which is why I’m glad to see the possibility of some extra Sunday hunting.