Pennsylvania doe tags

Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 9.35.42 AM.jpeg My wife received this text this morning and she doesn’t hunt nor has she ever done business with PA. game commission, I have buts it’s been 2 years since I hunted there, how they came up with her phone number is beyond me

It was slightly better than last year. I logged in at 8:07 am, ( at work ), and had 21129 people ahead of me. I checked my phone after lunch at 11:45 and got the e-mail saying my time has come to purchase my licenses. By 11:55 am I had had my receipt printed out with all my purchases. I would give the system a C+ over last years fiasco that took me over 14 hrs to complete.........JRY

It’s such a stupid, antiquated system. Even though they updated it, it’s still unreal with the amount of revenue they recieve, and amount they have in holding that they can’t devise a better system… I’ve given up hunting in PA.

Ive hunted MD for the last 7yrs. I get doe tags included with my regular hunting license purchase. It used to be unlimited doe, now it’s “Only” 25 per season…there are 5 seasons, so 125 doe I can harvest…MD also has better genetics.

It hard to manage however I don't think there's a game land area that has enough deer in 4a or 2c. Thank God for posted land in pa that is the only reason we still have some deer. my area is loaded with game lands with corn and beans and there are very few deer on them there are some big old bucks there but not many deer. 4a and 2c are getting hammered by pa game commission because of cwd. CWD IS A JOKE LIKE COVID., YEAH, ITS OUT THERE BUT THE MISS MANAGEMENT OF THE DISEASE IS A WAY BIGGER PROBLEM THAN THE DISEASE...
I love how states restrict hunters transportation of game. Because game doesn’t walk across state lines. Just shows state and federal authorities are extremely intelligent.

It’s such a stupid, antiquated system. Even though they updated it, it’s still unreal with the amount of revenue they recieve, and amount they have in holding that they can’t devise a better system… I’ve given up hunting in PA.

Ive hunted MD for the last 7yrs. I get doe tags included with my regular hunting license purchase. It used to be unlimited doe, now it’s “Only” 25 per season…there are 5 seasons, so 125 doe I can harvest…MD also has better genetics.

Pretty sure the issue is they are required to use a state database and the state database can’t handle the high volume of several hundred thousand people trying to buy their license at once. That being said I bought 4 tags last year with zero issues or waiting.

I love how states restrict hunters transportation of game. Because game doesn’t walk across state lines. Just shows state and federal authorities are extremely intelligent.
Considering it was found in Colorado in 1967 and now exists in 30 states and several countries many of which have no direct travel paths tends to prove that people are the primary cause of the spread. The other issue is that not only do the prions exist in the soil for over a decade but the are also absorbed by the plants so any deer eating that plant can become infected.

So transporting the infected parts like the brain and spine can lead to CWD being deposited in a new location and starting an infection there. Once one gets it they begin spreading it and increasing the environment infection load. By the time it is identified in a wild population a significant number of animals are infected and it is pretty much impossible to control.

Pretty sure the issue is they are required to use a state database and the state database can’t handle the high volume of several hundred thousand people trying to buy their license at once. That being said I bought 4 tags last year with zero issues or waiting.

Considering it was found in Colorado in 1967 and now exists in 30 states and several countries many of which have no direct travel paths tends to prove that people are the primary cause of the spread. The other issue is that not only do the prions exist in the soil for over a decade but the are also absorbed by the plants so any deer eating that plant can become infected.

So transporting the infected parts like the brain and spine can lead to CWD being deposited in a new location and starting an infection there. Once one gets it they begin spreading it and increasing the environment infection load. By the time it is identified in a wild population a significant number of animals are infected and it is pretty much impossible to control.
They need to just up the license price to include it. Include 1-4per license depending on WMU. Or give the option to purchase X amount at time of buying license.

I’m in 5B, I know a lot of people that don’t even shoot a deer, let alone use 1 or more tags. Would save a ton of hassle on the purchasers end. I hated the **** pink envelopes. I always got doe tags when I sent for them, but still an unnecessary step.

With all the doe I’m allowed in MD, I harvested 1 last year. Mainly because I had a brand new Muzzleloader I wanted to try out. Otherwise I would have passed. I donated the meat to Share the Harvest to feed the hungry.

The guys that are from Pennsylvania what do you think is going to happen with this year's new version of the online doe tag sales. Do you think it's going to be better worse or about the same. Who else feels that they need to tweak this to make it a little bit better what would you do to improve the situation
I waited until Tuesday 6am, had multiple licenses and 1B doe tag purchased in less than 10 minutes.
The system worked very well and was easy to use.

They need to just up the license price to include it. Include 1-4per license depending on WMU. Or give the option to purchase X amount at time of buying license.

I’m in 5B, I know a lot of people that don’t even shoot a deer, let alone use 1 or more tags. Would save a ton of hassle on the purchasers end. I hated the **** pink envelopes. I always got doe tags when I sent for them, but still an unnecessary step.

With all the doe I’m allowed in MD, I harvested 1 last year. Mainly because I had a brand new Muzzleloader I wanted to try out. Otherwise I would have passed. I donated the meat to Share the Harvest to feed the hungry.

They did away with the pink envelopes last year and with the new system you can do exactly that. They just stagger the release dates for the 2nd, 3rd and unlimited tags to spread the tags out to more people instead of a few people walking in at 8am on the first day and buying their 6 tag max in popular areas before others can get a chance. That way for places like 2G the first 7,000 people don’t buy all the tags leaving the remaining 30,000 with no chance to buy a tag, with this system 37,000 different people can get at least 1 tags for their favorite WMU.

In my case I hunt 4A which never sells out so I waited until the second round last year and picked up my license with two doe tags while I waited on a background check at the gun shop. Then I picked up 2 more in September while waiting on another background check.

How much $$ foes a doe tag cost? Here in Alabama you just purchase a hunting license. We went to a three buck limit a few years ago, but it's still a doe per day with a long season.
$6.97 a tag for Pa residents
$26.97 a tag for non resident
A tag is required and can only be used in that wmu( wildlife management unit)