What rifle would you build?

WOW, are you suggesting necking down the 7PRC case to a 270. That would make a Great cartridge. I'm listening. 😃
Yep. I love the 270Bee, it has to be at least tied for my favorite. I love the long neck, volume to bore diameter, and the fact that through the Obama and covid BS I have always been able to find 270 bullets and pretty much all of the Wby brass. The PRC does have more and cheaper and better brass options already and that is why my faster twist 270 will be on that case. With some of the recent additions to the .277 bullet pool this should be a very versatile cartridge with any length barrel.

Yep. I love the 270Bee, it has to be at least tied for my favorite. I love the long neck, volume to bore diameter, and the fact that through the Obama and covid BS I have always been able to find 270 bullets and pretty much all of the Wby brass. The PRC does have more and cheaper and better brass options already and that is why my faster twist 270 will be on that case. With some of the recent additions to the .277 bullet pool this should be a very versatile cartridge with any length barrel.
I like the idea, should make a very good cartridge. Keep us posted.

I got new Ace barrel in yesterday 7mm 1-8 twist REM Varmint. Haven’t decided yet on cartridge, I was thinking 7SAW and 162 ELDM or 7-08AI or 280AI. I have a 700PSS that needs a new barrel or a new home, and a Tikka 308 which would allow either short or long cartridge. I have a bolt stop for long and short and thinking of a switch barrel setup on the Tikka 308 and 280 or whatever 7mm cartridge. I want 160 class bullets at 2950ish velocity which I could do with most of those cartridge choices. I have a bunch of Petersen 308 SRP cases that could be turned into the SAW or 7-08AI. I don’t want to be so close to the 308 that it becomes moot. I have dies for all but the SAW. I’m leaning toward the Tikka option