What is the rifle you passed by that you regret not buying

Back in the 70s there was a store called Skaggs (believe I got that right). Anyway they had a sporting goods side of the store carried a few shotgun, rifles and pistols. So they decided to close out some of the pistols. They had several of the rugers in 41mag for $77. Man I wanted one but at the time just didn't feel like I should. Of course now I wish I'd purchased everyone of them. Go figure.

Two come to mind but neither were pretty wall pieces -- although one was close! The first was one my brother had, which was a Savage M-99 plain, straight stock in 375 Winchester and it fit me like a glove! I've always been intrigued by the 38-55 Winchester, hence the 375 Winchester because they're essentially the same! I felt it would have been an excellent brush rifle! The other was a Winchester M-1895 in 405 Winchester and also fit me like a glove (Miroku made). It was a beautiful rifle and I passed because I couldn't afford it at the time but I've always been sorry I didn't find the money somewhere because of the history of the M-1895! The fact that they were both lever actions is just coincidence because I'm not particularly attracted to levers!
[h3][/h3]

Not worth it from what I had seen on the ranges
I bought one when they were first introduced decades ago and had it rechambered in 7mm/08 because of brass issues and I can tell you it shot as well or better than most bolt action rifles and really was able to level those rams completely off the rails...one of the few guns I dread getting rid of...

Browning used to make a 22 Hornet in their Abolt I believe, and they made a left-handed model. Tons of them on GB for probably a year or so, and I watched most of them trying to get a better deal. Eventually they all ran out, and now if one comes up they're asking 2K plus. I believe, can't remember for sure, but I believe they were selling for around 1K. I don't even know why I want a 22 Hornet, armadillos, racoons, and other pests I suppose, but I still do. I've even started looking at right handed CZ's now, not a good thing to buy a gun out of desperation.
As a Browning lover and I love my Abolts, I'm a lefty, I hear ya ToTallY

Friend of mine worked as a ruger rep when the skeleton stock came out in the model 77 .He laughed those stocks cost them 12 bucks at the tome to make .I had two one a 264 win mag and another in 338 win mag .They both kicked terrible. I PUT LAMInated stocks on them and shet shot awesome .The 338 win mag in the laminated stock shot a 3/4 inch group at 200 yards with factory ammo .I never liked those paddle stocks .
I've had a couple of .338 Win Mags over the years in the Ruger skeleton stock. Around Oregon they call them "boat paddle" stocks! Anyway -- I've always been able to handle recoil pretty well but the first one kicked so viciously I had a muzzle brake put on it! I've never had a muzzle brake on a rifle before and after taking it to the range the first time, which had benches under a roof, it was so terribly loud, I was afraid to hunt with it! Now I realize the loud muzzle blast was likely made worse because I was shooting under a roof – but I eventually sold that rifle because of the muzzle brake! I bought another Ruger boat paddle .338 Win Mag because a gunsmith told me a better shaped stock would take care of that viscous recoil! He recommended a Pacific Research stock so I restocked it with that stock – and it tamed the recoil so well, I was able to shoot it off the bench an get sub 1 inch groups with any bullet I tried!
Pacific Research no longer made those stocks when I sold that rifle years later at a gun show and a local gun store owner bought the rifle! He told me he didn't want the rifle but would buy it anyway, just to get the stock because it did such a good job mitigating recoil!

For me, they were all military rifles, before the Brady Bill:
M1 Garand
Sig 550 (swiss)
FN FAL (Belgium)
H&K 91, H&K 94 H&K MP5 (Germany)
AK47 (Back when they sold for $289 with several mags and bayonet)

In 1959 I bought a pre 64 model 70 in 220 swift with an 8x Unertl scope. Sold it while in college because I was so poor. That's the only gun I wish I had back. I did take a running fox at 300 yards off hand with my own handloads. It was a real step up from a 22 LR.

I've got one I regret not buying. Holland & Holland express double rifle. 450 BPE cased with 200 rounds of factory Ammo $2,000.00 back in 1980. and 1 I regret selling Charles Daly Drilling 12x12x38-55. Not Damascus hammer-less.