What is the most hated deer rifle you owned ?

I hunted with an 80s vintage Winchester M70 25.06 that my dad bought at a Gibsons. My dad, my brother and I shared it until my brother and I graduated college. When I could afford to buy a rifle I studied the ballistics charts and fell in love with the 257 wby mag. My local gun store had a Rem. 700 LSS in 257 wby mag. I purchased it. It is a fine-looking rifle. It shoots fine. I killed 7 pigs and 2 deer with it the first season. I did not like the performance on the deer. Both were shot broadside. Both shots were pass thrus. I found both deer, but I was not pleased with having to track them. I realize 2 deer is not a legitimate sample size and I really did not give it much of a chance. There are probably plenty of 257 wby rounds that would have dropped them in their tracks. I still have the gun. The biggest issue was the price per round. I like to shoot my guns, but not when every round fired costs $4 to $5 per squeeze. I purchased a Sako 25.06 and never looked back. For coyotes, pigs, and deer the 25.06 has served me well. I mainly hunt with Remington Corelokts 100 grain or more recently with Hornaday whitetail in 117 grain. I love being able to see the round impact the critter. Most of the time I can see right where the round hits the animal. Since I am used to that, I guess that is what I prefer. The 257 wby mag is a great round, but it just not for me. I rarely ever shoot at anything other than coyotes and pigs over 300 yds. Last fall I purchased my first 30.06 Rem 700 and so far I like it. I can't necessarily see the impacts, but the recoil is not bad. And it is certainly suitable for everything I intend to hunt. Since 25.06 is a 30.06 derivative, when I start reloading hopefully that will make things easier. I don't have any real complaints, mainly just a preference for low-cost and lower-recoiling guns where I can see the impact on the animal. Don't get me wrong the recoil of the 257 wby is not bad at all and maybe over time. The 25.06 seems to be goldilocks round for me and suits W. Ok very well.
I would suggest trying some PPU ammo in 25-06. I like the 90gr HP. And they are about the cheapest ammo you can find. They also sell a SP. But I have yet to try them. I use the HP on deer. They leave a exit hole about the size of a golf ball. Or a little larger. If you don't hit any bone. I have yet to track a deer more than 20 yards. Hard to believe I started shooting these when they were $11.00 a box at LGS.

I would suggest trying some PPU ammo in 25-06. I like the 90gr HP. And they are about the cheapest ammo you can find. They also sell a SP. But I have yet to try them. I use the HP on deer. They leave a exit hole about the size of a golf ball. Or a little larger. If you don't hit any bone. I have yet to track a deer more than 20 yards. Hard to believe I started shooting these when they were $11.00 a box at LGS.
$11 a box. What century was that? 😉

Thank you.

Remington (what were they called 760 or something like that)30-06 4 " group at 100 yards
Got it horse trading and soon traded it in on a new 700 30-06 with which I killed many elk & deer!
Man I have owned & shot a few 760 in 30-06 & 25-06. All the ones I had were easy on my shoulder. And a few were shooting well under a inch @ 100. I hope to get the one from my friend in 25-06. I shot it in for deer season. And man was I impressed. Just shooting Hornady Whitetail 117 gr factory loads. Holes were touching. Even with a warm barrel, it just shoots. I loved them old pump guns. I keep trying to get that 25-06 every time I see him. One day he will cave. lol

Wages doubling. Yeah right. Just heard fast food worker's in California are going to get $20 an hour soon. Can you believe that? I think $20 an hour was the most I ever made an hour in my life. Of course that long ago. Oh well.
Living out there they probably need it. It's most likely like making minimum wage there. From my understanding the cost of living is extremely high there.

Living out there they probably need it. It's most likely like making minimum wage there. From my understanding the cost of living is extremely high there.
We moved from there to GA 22 years ago. Can't say I miss the excessive costs at all. Just my old friends. Back then, 20 an hour was pretty good. We were OK with it. But now, I don't think so. With food, rent, gas up everywhere, its more like minimum wage as you said. My dad used to tell me that, "the more you make, the more you spend, and the less you keep". All these years later, I understand what he meant.

We moved from there to GA 22 years ago. Can't say I miss the excessive costs at all. Just my old friends. Back then, 20 an hour was pretty good. We were OK with it. But now, I don't think so. With food, rent, gas up everywhere, its more like minimum wage as you said. My dad used to tell me that, "the more you make, the more you spend, and the less you keep". All these years later, I understand what he meant.
I noticed the more I make the more junk I accumulate. lol

I wouldn't say hated.
Had a model 77 mk2 .243 that had a junk stiff trigger. Killed a lot of deer but hated that trigger.

Picked up a 7mm magnum BDL that had been magna ported that shot great with 139's…shot everything else I tried like junk. Did not like anything 150-160 grain it seemed like.

But I've since learned not to give up on some guns. Had a model 70 supergrade .270 that was giving me absolute fits. Would not sight in at all and would not group.

Found out it had scope base hole that was stripped. Fixed that and it still didn't group great but it was way better. Had it properly pillared and bedded and swapped the trigger spring at its now a clover leaf gun on a good day. One of my favorites and it's a beauty
I had a Mauser in .358 Norma that kicked like a mule 20 in barrel . The recoil stripped out 3 of the 4 ring screws. Got them fixed the the recoil shattered the cross hairs, put a new scope on and a mercury recoil device in the butt stock and wow !! I killed the second biggest bull elk in 2002 Gardiner Mt late hunt