What is the most hated deer rifle you owned ?

Barrett Fieldcraft in .308. I know they are unobtanium and triple the value now, but it was not pleasant to shoot. Definitely forced me to improve my technique, but that wasn't enough. Didn't feel confident with it under range conditions passed 300 yards, much less field conditions. Probably should have just kept it because the guy I sold it to said he was going to rattle can it.

I was a 12yr old with a savage 110 in 30.06. I flinched so bad shooting that thing with its 2x4 stock, and then even more frustration cause I missed everything I shot at.
My father n law bought one of these from Walmart a long time ago. Came with a cheap Bushnell scope. He gave it to me because he couldn't hit nothing with it. I thought for sure I could get it sighted in. I threw the Bushnell in the trash. Put a decent scope on it and I couldn't hit **** with it either. Could not get on paper at 100yrds. Moved it in to 50yrds and got it shooting 1 foot MOA. Haha. Went straight to the pawn shop and got $180 bucks for it.

Both inherited from my Dad -- First, Remington 7400 Woodsmaster in .30-'06 - As glittery as a disco ball from the period it was minted, too many moving parts, beat the hell out of the shooter, and middling accuracy. Traded-on and got an Armalite AR15A2 w/green furniture and heavy match barrel. Second was an equally flashy, high-polish Remington 1100 12ga with a bloody Polychoke! That was traded-on and became a contemporary Winchester Model 70 FW .30-'06 w/pre-'64 action. Got to follow the gun acquisition rule though, if one leaves, another must take its place.

Barrett Fieldcraft in .308. I know they are unobtanium and triple the value now, but it was not pleasant to shoot. Definitely forced me to improve my technique, but that wasn't enough. Didn't feel confident with it under range conditions passed 300 yards, much less field conditions. Probably should have just kept it because the guy I sold it to said he was going to rattle can it.
Wow, amazed and sorry to hear that. Ogled over one at one point, but entry price was wayyyy high. Was the geometry wrong?