What is the most hated deer rifle you owned ?

Older Remington 700 BDL. Beautiful wood, nice blueing. Bought it used. Decided I had enough rifles with composite or carbon stocks and this was a classic looking piece of work. Mounted a scope and went to zero it with some 150 grain factory ammo I had. After 3 shots at 50 yards, only had one on paper. But that pencil barrel s.o.b. was beating me to death. It was not fun to shoot. Thought my ability to drive a rifle had suddenly left me! Never got it to shoot, and it found a new home.

Probably a Winchester model 88 in .308 Winchester. I didn't really like anything about it. The lever itself seemed small for my hands, uncomfortable, pinchy. I don't know how my great uncle who first had it used it and loved it so much, he was a stoutly built 6 foot 4 old school lumberjack of a man with mitts that dwarfed mine.

But I just found the whole gun awkward and uncomfortable. Same with the browning BLR.

I much prefer my savage 99 as far as non tubular mag lever guns go.

That makes a difference. I have a semi-custom (spec-ed by Sniper Country PX a few years back for a limited run) Remington 700 that has an M24 contour barrel, added a chassis and SB 5-25x56, Harvester 300 can, bipod and DBM for shooting PRS - 12.75 lbs loaded. .3-.5MOA all-day and felt like a pussycat .243. Definitely taming recoil and eye fatigue encourages more shooting. I shot one club match with a Vortex PST and it was abysmal. I no longer shoot PRS and the 700 has morphed into a medium/long range hunting rifle with McMillan carbon stock and a Eotech 3.5-18. After more than 2500 rounds it still shoots fantastic, so can't think of changing out the platform. Though 5lbs lighter, it's still super manageable with the Harvester.

I think with a muzzle device or suppressor the Fieldcraft would have been more manageable. I had the non-threaded 21 inch version, which no one probably wanted and was why it was still available. Everyone who knew better bought the threaded one.

Hate is a strong word. Can't say there was ever a gun I hated. However, I didn't get mad or tell Dad to call the police when my very first center fire rifle was stolen. Someone stole it from my parents garage while I away for basic training. I got it when I was 15yrs old in Lewisville Texas grocery shopping with Mom at the Minyards Grocery. I saw an oak barrel full of beat-up WWII surplus K98 Mausers at the end of the produce isle. The sign said $20ea. I asked Mom if I could have one, she said no of course. When Christmas rolled around, I found it under the Christmas tree. I rode my motorcycle to the gas station and they had a box of 8mm ammo. So Me and a couple buddies took it behind the Lewisville lake dam, and set up a big cardboard box and drew a bullseye on it. I sat cross legged and carefully aimed from about 100 yards away. I missed and no one saw where the round went so we moved up to 40 yards. My next round hit the dirt about 2 foot right and a bit low. My third shot sailed high and way left, I saw the splash in the Trinity River. I pulled the bolt and saw it was badly shot out. We left without firing another round and I leaned it up in the corner of the garage where it sat for 3 years. I'm pretty sure the local neighborhood pot head stole it. He was well known to do that kind of thing. He definitely deserved that rifle.
Will dislike, despise, unwanted, would rather hug a rabid raccoon work!

Most hated? After some thought, I guess it would be the Mossberg 810AHT in 30-06. While it was very accurate, had a nice trigger, and seemed rather robust, I never took to the look of the action/bolt, and as a young man when they came out, mine seemed to kick like a mule. After a couple of seasons, I purchased a Remington 700 in 30-06, and for whatever reasons, the Remington suited me better and had less perceived recoil. I still own that 700 but not the 810AHT.

If I recall correctly, that 810AHT cost me a whopping $99 at a Gibson's store

Maybe not hate but sold was a 20ga Mossberg.... It shot a slug better than any other shotgun ive ever sean BUT the action just like everybody elses beloved 870 is wrong when you cut your teeth on a 1200 Winchester.
Another none hated gun but got sold was a 300bea after a shoulder injury.
Yet aanother example of not really hate= not one but three 708s. Great round! All three proven killers left my posetion for a new shooter with the understanding that I was the only buyer if the outgrew them....not one has returned.
The hate gun was a coyote gun and not a deer unit. A Winchester featherlight with 18"" 22-250 barrel. Kinda my falt as it acted just like a short light 22-250 but was inaccurate.

Mausers at the end of the produce aisle - that's awesome - and $20. Here in Northern VA things have changed A LOT since I bought a Chinese SKS off the rack at the Tyson's Corner Center Woolworth's in the 80s for $89. In the later 80s, several friends and I scored fine condition 1931 Moisin Nagants from Rose's in Fredericksburg, VA during college for $59 or $69 - all were good shooters. Interesting where Military Surplus turned up back then.
I pray the recent Bruin decision will bring those days back again. When you could buy a gun and have it mailed to the house or go buy a Thompson at the hardware store. Maybe I'm just a dreamer, but I can see a day when the GCA is repealed and the unconstitutional ATF is relegated to regulating liquor and cigarette tax stamps. Meanwhile Biden's ATF wants to outlaw face to face private gun sales and lock me up for building unserialized ARs in my workshop.

Was your issue with the rifle or the cartridge? I've heard no shortage of complaints that the 7rum is so overbore as to be past diminishing returns and a very picky eater.
Think a combination of rifle and cartridge and than a crappy couple of Burris scopes that where bad and caused me to chase groups prematurely shooting out the barrel. Don't think the scopes (signature and diamond) where up to the recoil back then.

Remington Jam master, at the bottom of a swamp in Halifax county. Interestingly same swamp also has my AL391, but that was not intended to be left behind. It was very cold and gun would not cycle, and only one shot on decoying mallards can be frustrating. Had birds land, so I threw gun at them. Waded out and found it with no issue and it cycled fine for next two groups, then froze and stopped cycling again. Buddies said, toss it again, worked last time. Don't know if it did. We could never find it.