What extinct or endangered animal would you like to hunt and what rifke wouod you use ?

I think I would like to hunt Woolly Mammoth, besides... the meat looks tasty!

Woolly Mammoth Meatball
And just think! I wonder how many meatballs you'd get out of a mammoth? 🦣

Thinking of JAWS when chief Brody says "you're gonna need a bigger boat"

Well in my case…."you're gonna need a bigger deep freeze…."

And just my luck, the dang kids will be fussy about this and decide they don't like mammoth meat. Lord knows there'd be enough of it for us all to get sick of eating it before too long 🤣

And just think! I wonder how many meatballs you'd get out of a mammoth? 🦣

Thinking of JAWS when chief Brody says "you're gonna need a bigger boat"

Well in my case…."you're gonna need a bigger deep freeze…."

And just my luck, the dang kids will be fussy about this and decide they don't like mammoth meat. Lord knows there'd be enough of it for us all to get sick of eating it before too long 🤣
Might be best to move to Siberia. They have underground caves that stay frozen all year long.
Perma frost freezers. Shoot the Mammoth and quarter it, well maybe 1/64th into pieces you can drag into the perma frost freezer. Wish I had a free perma frost freezer of some sort.

Might be best to move to Siberia. They have underground caves that stay frozen all year long.
Perma frost freezers. Shoot the Mammoth and quarter it, well maybe 1/64th into pieces you can drag into the perma frost freezer. Wish I had a free perma frost freezer of some sort.
Yeah but if you store your mammoth open in a frozen cave won't that attract the sabre tooth cats??? 😁

I would be game for a T rex, raptor and saber tooth, but being I am more into fishing now, the "reel" challenge for me would be hooking and landing a Megalodon shark... Maybe from the beach as I don't want to be floating on the water with a ticked off 60 foot, 75 ton shark under the water. I landed and released a 17' 3" (as best we could measure as he was still very green) long Tiger shark off NC coast 12 years ago and that battle was over 4 hours. For the first h our, I don't think the shark even knew he was hooked. When he finally surfaced about 2 hours into the fight, he swam through a 5' wave while we were in the trough of the waves and he was a eye level. My buddy lost it. "Cut the line, cut the line, that B$$tard will eat the boat". When I finally got him boat side we attempted to measure him with the anchor rode but neither of us wanted to get too close to his head, so we held on the side of the boat and guessed at being over the tip. His head looked like the hood of a VW beetle. He was massive. Can only imagine what a Megalodon would look like beside the boat.

OK Weapon:

For the dinos/mammals would be my 416 Rigby I use in Africa.

For the Megalodon, 44 mag bang stick, I want him up close and personal.

Last edited:
Wolves in the lower 48. The "rifke" I "wouod" use is a 2000 lb bomb to eliminate the whole pack like our forefathers eliminated. If you have an urge to see a wolf, adopt a German Shepherd. We don't need packs of wild dogs harrasing our game and farm animals.
I see we are very different across the big pond. Our governments here want to eradicate our native Dingo, as it was brought here 60,000 years ago by Aboriginals, it is deemed not 'native' and persecuted. As a hunter and conservationist, I am totally against this despicable practise of trapping and poisoning this fine and unique Australian animal.

Cheers.

Driven Quetzalcaotalus and Pteranodon using a fine Holland & Holland 4 Bore side by side with TSS shot of course...

View attachment 564539

It has been about 10 years ago that I saw a #12 Pteranodon flying in the eastern area of Fort Worth , Texas , in the Trinity River "Green-Belt" area , behind the Bell Helicopter Plant .
It had to be a Radio-Controlled model ( there used to be an area for R.C. plane flying in that area) , BUT it was life-size , with a 20' wingspan , and was being pursued by a Bell Huey Cobra .
I only saw it for less than 1 minute before it dropped out-of-sight .
Talk about doing a double-take , to confirm that I was not hallucinating !!!!!!

I see we are very different across the big pond. Our governments here want to eradicate our native Dingo, as it was brought here 60,000 years ago by Aboriginals, it is deemed not 'native' and persecuted. As a hunter and conservationist, I am totally against this despicable practise of trapping and poisoning this fine and unique Australian animal.

Cheers.
I always wanted a Dingo for a pet. And just how long do you have to be there to be considered Native ?

Recent Posts