This is whats wrong with hunting today

He didn't mention drift. That 22 is gonna get pushed around pretty good in the wind. I look at it like this. If I can push a 140 grain bullet in a 7 mag the same velocity with a similar bc it’s a no brainer. Or a 160 a little slower but with a higher bc. Less drift and more energy down range.

Monetize anything and this is what you get. To set yourself apart in the youtube marketplace you have to be different, controversial, and bombastic. They will sell their soul and undermine the foundation of the discipline they promote for the almighty 'click, like, follow".

Monetize anything and this is what you get. To set yourself apart in the youtube marketplace you have to be different, controversial, and bombastic. They will sell their soul and undermine the foundation of the discipline they promote for the almighty 'click, like, follow".
^^^^EXACTLY

Look at how much publicity his channel got just in this thread. His hope is that at least a few will click on the video.

I refuse.

This is 100% what they've done, as well as countless others. You freaking nailed it. Just look at all the titles of all of these videos. Something controversial in SUPER BOLD letters to draw attention and interaction. I still haven't even watched the video. Just because I don't like supporting them, or seeing information portrayed like that.

He didn't mention drift. That 22 is gonna get pushed around pretty good in the wind. I look at it like this. If I can push a 140 grain bullet in a 7 mag the same velocity with a similar bc it’s a no brainer. Or a 160 a little slower but with a higher bc. Less drift and more energy down range.
What a joke! For clicks and likes, he is a short and especially, long range game-wounding, convicted game law violating, tresspassing wannabe! It’s a real shame that you gave him any play time but i definitely understand your point! It is truly amazing how a thug like this can get any coverage much less a SPONSOR ie. Nightforce and others….

Rant over

I'm not the manbun guy--I am also not an influencer. I will say I have shot a 22 creedmoor a good bit and some smaller calibers like 222, 223, 22-250,6 BR, 6 ARC 240 wby, 243, 25-06, 257 wby a lot, and at considered big game animals. With the right bullet they work. I'm not here to "measure up" to any one-- I am over 40 years old and hunted quite a few, game animals from varmints, wild sheep, to the largest game on earth.

Most people shoot better with a smaller caliber that kick and "bark" less--do I suggest someone go on a hunt with a subpar caliber--no--but I'll take a guy on a deer hunt shooting a 22-250 that shoots it well and accurately than a guy shooting a 300 win that has a terrible flinch.

Don't hate if you have not used a fast twisted larger capacity 22 with good bullets--it does good things when you put the bullets in the right place.

If you don't want to use one don't. I will say they are not for everyone---and not every situation, but my 11 year old is deadly with one--and my daughter has killed quite a few big game animals with a 22 creedmoor and 240 wby. So I guess only kids under 16 can kill animals with calibers 25 and less.

I almost built one……for Coues deer and coyotes.
I'm sure it's a great cartridge. I wouldn't dissuade you from building one, it's just the giant missuse of information and ignorance of relative statistics that's in question here. I mean I would call it blatant but I'm not sure these people even understand what they are actually cheerleading.

I'm not the manbun guy--I am also not an influencer. I will say I have shot a 22 creedmoor a good bit and some smaller calibers like 222, 223, 22-250,6 BR, 6 ARC 240 wby, 243, 25-06, 257 wby a lot, and at considered big game animals. With the right bullet they work. I'm not here to "measure up" to any one-- I am over 40 years old and hunted quite a few, game animals from varmints, wild sheep, to the largest game on earth.

Most people shoot better with a smaller caliber that kick and "bark" less--do I suggest someone go on a hunt with a subpar caliber--no--but I'll take a guy on a deer hunt shooting a 22-250 that shoots it well and accurately than a guy shooting a 300 win that has a terrible flinch.

Don't hate if you have not used a fast twisted larger capacity 22 with good bullets--it does good things when you put the bullets in the right place.

If you don't want to use one don't. I will say they are not for everyone---and not every situation, but my 11 year old is deadly with one--and my daughter has killed quite a few big game animals with a 22 creedmoor and 240 wby. So I guess only kids under 16 can kill animals with calibers 25 and less.
I agree with much of what you said especially for deer sized game and for kids where a smaller cartridge is always better.

Since you have lots of experience with one (and I don't), what would you consider the high end of the spectrum for a .22 Creedmore?
How does it perform in the wind and at longer ranges?

I'm not trying to bash, just trying to learn.

I absolutely love my .243 for deer but it'd have to be very close to an ideal situation before I'd use it on anything bigger.

I'm sure it's a great cartridge. I wouldn't dissuade you from building one, it's just the giant missuse of information and ignorance of relative statistics that's in question here. I mean I would call it blatant but I'm not sure these people even understand what they are actually cheerleading.
Basically, they think they’re way smarter than the older folks. They’ve figured out the hack for hunting and everything else is “fuddlore,” or “boomer” ways of thinking.

I watched a portion of the video and turned it off. This is catering to the same demographic that brought you the Tide pod challenge!

No different than when the 6.5cm came out and guys were talking about how it was a 1000yd elk cartridge.

22creedmoor is not a long distance big game cartridge but the internet snipers will crunch the numbers and say that's the case. New hunters will read something or watch some videos and go out and buy a rifle chambered as such and start punching 22cal holes in animals in states where there aren't caliber restrictions. States like my beloved Texas! Can a 22 creedmoor kill a south Texas whitetail with a shot in the vitals at 200yds.....absolutely! The 22-250, 224TTH, 220swift and similar have been doing it for decades with lower BC bullets. But one Johnson grass stalk or mesquite twig or strand of barbed wire in between the muzzle and vitals and all bets are off.

Recoil sensitivity? I don't buy that from the video. I understand that there are MEN in this group that have physical reasons to shoot cartridges and rifles with low recoil. Bad shoulders and backs and years and miles and whatnot. But those same MEN understand their physical limitations just like the limitations of the cartridges that they choose to shoot!

We all know this!!! But "WE" ain't the YouTube type. And that video will get 10x the views this thread will. Bad gas travels fast in a small town! Whoever yells loudest gets heard no matter if they know what they are talking about.