THIS IS A DIFICULT ONE FOR ME. I THOUGHT I WOULD PUT IN MUDDYBOOTS-PRAYERS NEEDED

My friends, returned home on Saturday after 25 days in hospital. Rough ride but many have had it worse. Post surgery, like most said, was a challenge. Without getting into details, there were close calls.

I slept all afternoon and it was divine! I still have a long road ahead. The surgery itself went perfect. Lumbar Fusion L2-L5 plus scoliosis realignment, realign a vertebrae that was also problem. Could not use spacers due to my mastodon (Sasquatch) size vertebrae! They do not make spacers big enough to replace the discs which are abnormally large. Which surgeon said was fantastic to anchor anything!

Please accept my deepest thanks for ALL the kind thoughts and prayers sent my way. I have no doubt they helped immensely. I truly appreciated the kindness.

Special thank you to @Coyote Shadow Tracker, Len & Jill for their extended kindness as well

For those who like metal art.
IMG_5247.jpeg

IMG_5248.jpeg

Those are Amazing X-Rays and it's so good to hear that you are on the mend. My wife had to have a 14" harrington rod installed and her spinal deformation was in 3 dimensions (cork screw) so they had to get at the vertebral column from the front as well. She had to learn to walk again but she lives a normal life now. All the best wishes and prayers to you, Muddy. Your contributions to this forum have always made it a worth while place to be.

-YZ

My friends, returned home on Saturday after 25 days in hospital. Rough ride but many have had it worse. Post surgery, like most said, was a challenge. Without getting into details, there were close calls.

I slept all afternoon and it was divine! I still have a long road ahead. The surgery itself went perfect. Lumbar Fusion L2-L5 plus scoliosis realignment, realign a vertebrae that was also problem. Could not use spacers due to my mastodon (Sasquatch) size vertebrae! They do not make spacers big enough to replace the discs which are abnormally large. Which surgeon said was fantastic to anchor anything!

Please accept my deepest thanks for ALL the kind thoughts and prayers sent my way. I have no doubt they helped immensely. I truly appreciated the kindness.

Special thank you to @Coyote Shadow Tracker, Len & Jill for their extended kindness as well

View attachment 590183
View attachment 590184
Praying for a full and speedy recovery!

View attachment 590183
View attachment 590184
Craig we are glad that you finally game home! Was praying for you everyday and continue for a fast recovery 🙏

View attachment 590183
View attachment 590184
Great to see you back! As you know, you won't ever be the same but the goal will be get as close as you can! FIL has had 9 yes 9 surgeries on his back and neck, he's a trainwreck lol. Learning to work smarter not harder and asking for help is the toughest. Keep up the good work, we're pulling for you!

Recent Posts