The High Shoulder Shot Works

Here is a diagram of the area i shot the deer in, it is a slough just off of the south canadian river in central OK

The red circle is my stand and the yellow line is the path of my shot. The purple trail is the path me and BJ took out and the blue circles where the water is, about 4ft deep in most spots.
slough1.jpg

Nothing real special but i always wanted to try and make one of these diagrams.

steve

He is a good friend all right but I do believe i helped him drag, clean, and butcher his last 5 deer so i think he owed me one, guess were even now.

7mmRHB, the stand is 17ft tall, i am 6'4" so I am just shy of needing oxygen supplement while i am in the stand!!! Pathetic thing is i am this tall and i am terrified of hieghts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

steve

Man, I'm tied up for awhile and come back to see that I am getting the praise that I am due /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

It seemed alot worse while we were doing it than it really was. Oh well, it will always make a great story and will alway be something that I can hold over Lerch's head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif!!!

Bill your absolutely right, it always seems worse at the time but the memories and the stories of time spent with a great friend are what makes it all worth it time after time.

Your indeed fortunate to have a friend in each other who will just do, and not ask, or be overly bothered about the why or how. In life you have many aquaintences, but only one or two true friends.

You two have a great season.

You had better get a ladder or a trampoline if you expect to hold anything over my head!!! HA HA HA HA

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts