Sitka info please!!

Dirtdevil

I have decided to buy some Sitka gear but I'm have a hard time find any specs on it. I will be using it for stand hunting whitetail deer. I have plenty of heavy weight stuff. I'm looking for pants -bibs and a jacket -coat. 20-40 temp range. Already have good base layers. Looking for waterproof -water resistant and wind proof. Quiet material is very import!!! And info would be greatly appreciated. What do I need to buy ?!

I have decided to buy some Sitka gear but I'm have a hard time find any specs on it. I will be using it for stand hunting whitetail deer. I have plenty of heavy weight stuff. I'm looking for pants -bibs and a jacket -coat. 20-40 temp range. Already have good base layers. Looking for waterproof -water resistant and wind proof. Quiet material is very import!!! And info would be greatly appreciated. What do I need to buy ?!
I wear the incinerator gear, it's not horribly loud but I trade warmth for a little noise. I have a fanatic set as well. That's very quiet and pretty warm, I recommend the fanatic if you want super quiet. If you get cold easy but the incinerator and be more careful about moving.

Id go with the Jetstream jacket and the Timberline pants. The Jetstream if I remember correctly doesnt have goretex but is waterproof and has windstopper. Sitka's windstopper is no joke. I sat on top of a peek at 7500' in Montana with a snowstorm blowing through and my jacket (the down hoody with windstopper) was amazing. I was warm and the wind didnt have any impact on me. I wore a competitors jacket the next day...its not as thick as my Sitka, but the wind cut through it like a knife.

Id go with the Jetstream jacket and the Timberline pants. The Jetstream if I remember correctly doesnt have goretex but is waterproof and has windstopper. Sitka's windstopper is no joke. I sat on top of a peek at 7500' in Montana with a snowstorm blowing through and my jacket (the down hoody with windstopper) was amazing. I was warm and the wind didnt have any impact on me. I wore a competitors jacket the next day...its not as thick as my Sitka, but the wind cut through it like a knife.
He's tree stand hunting. He would probably freeze in an hour in that gear, it's hard to stay warm in a stand without moving for hours.

He's tree stand hunting. He would probably freeze in an hour in that gear, it's hard to stay warm in a stand without moving for hours.
He said 20-40 degrees and claims to have very good base layers plus already had heavy gear...which instantly removed any of the stuff id really suggest for stand hunting.

If you can qualify for the Pro of first responder/military program the gear is 40% off ... otherwise I couldn't afford it.

I've run the stratus bibs this season in Ky, with mid weight merino long johns I was ok down to 40ish if it was calm. If the wind is blowing I run a gortex layer of some sort that'll actually block the wind or I'll freeze.
I run mid weight merino, a grinder hoody, stratus bibs until wind picks up. Once that happens the Hudson bibs and delta jacket go on and I'm comfy to mid 30's.
Once it gets that cool I'll throw on grinder pants over the stratus under the Hudson bibs, I've fished/duck hunted while blowing sideways spitting snow rods froze before I got cold.
Of all the Sitka I own the grinder hoody/pant set and Hudson bibs/delta jacket are the only pieces I really need. Those bibs and jacket are louder material but will truly stop the wind and are absolutely waterproof.
The stratus bibs aren't any warmer/wind proof than my old cabelas wind proof fleece set unless you are super skinny buy a size larger in stratus bibs, I've never needed anything more than large except in them.
The Dakota hoody is a **** fine piece of kit too, it's quiet and actually windproof, it's a good compromise between windproof and quiet
I'd buy the fanatic bibs, and just put them on once you get to your stand.

Last edited:
I can't say enough good stuff about the Kuiu gear, I'm super impressed with their Axis Hybrid gear. Either way build a proper layering system and you'll be able to stay comfortable in any weather

This year sitting in treestand the stratus bibs and jacket with heavy base layers, equinox pants and light shirt kept me warm on 35 degree mornings.

Sitka Gear Stand hunting..I wear
Bottoms: Heavyweight base layer, Gradient Pants and Stratus bibs
Top: Lightweight long sleeve, Celsius Midi jacket, Dakota Hoody
Stratus and Dakota are both Windproof, and that makes a huge difference…I have 2 different weight Windproof beanies as well…this gets me to about 30 degrees…colder than that and I have Incinerator Bibs and Fanatic Jacket…I use Darn tough heavyweight socks and Lacrosse 1600g boots.

I will say the Dakota hoody is noisy, but I've never had a problem. The Incinerator are noisy as well…Stratus is much quieter, and Fanatic is ultimate in quiet.

I think the Stratus setup with good base and mid layers will be your best bet.