Sitka fanatic

TJ_1985

How warm is this set? Looking at getting my first Sitka bibs/jacket set. Looking at this set vs the stratus set. I live and hunt mostly in SC. However I also go out of state hunting every year somewhere and wanting something that could be used for that also.

Depends on what level you're looking at. I have both the fanatic and fanatic lite bibs and jackets. I'd hike in the lite's in colder weather, but you won't find me walking much in the full weight fanatic outfit. It is very warm and kinda heavy. You'd be sweating pretty bad in just about any weather if you were hiking. I think with a good layer underneath, the lite setup is good for about mid 30's. below that the full weight fanatic gets the job.

I have the Stratus jacket and pants and they are great and my go to setup. But if it's cold and I'm going to be sitting, i'll use the Fanatic bibs and the Incinerator jacket. i live in the south also but hate getting cold. And like 86alaskan says it really comes down to what you will be doing and how cold it is.

I'm from northwest Pennsylvania and I use the Fanatic line quite a bit up here. My Fanatic jacket only gets carried to my stand on cold days...below 25 degrees. It's warm! I mainly use my Fanatic vest which I also carry to my stand, that I put over my Fanatic Hoody. Great system.

I cannot imagine anyone in SC needing the Fanatic suit.

Being from WI, we hunt in weather from 75 down to well below zero. My suggestion would be to layer. My basic recommendation would be the Fanatic Lite jacket and bobs with a stratus vest to start. This will probably be the same or less than the Fanatic suit and be more forgiving to weather changes.

I personally have the Core Light weight and Heavy weight tops and bottoms, Equinox pants, Fanatic hoodie, Fanatic Lite jacket and bibs. This system works for September mule deer all the way down to short sits for coyotes in January. My main hunting is probably the November rut with temps under 20 degrees with wind and it works great.

Hope this helps.
Steve

Take a look at Randy Newberg clothing bag dump. He gives good ideas and reason for wearing what he does, for the different situations.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.