Sitka Gear Help

snowcreekkennels

I have been looking and trying to decide which jacket and bibs to buy. I will be hunting whitetail from a tree stand. Temps here can get down in to the teens during rifle season but usually they are in mid 20 and up. I can't decide which outer layer would be the best the Stratus or the Fanatic. Hope some of fellow Hunters have experience with both and can give me some help with my decision.

The Fanatic suit is warm enough, that you can't even wear it walking to the tree here in Wisconsin. I would say that it would definetely be too much for NC (my opinion). The Stratus is a great suit with wind protection, can be a little bit noisy due to the wind block. I personally wear the Fanatic Lite jacket and bib with a Stratus vest when it gets cold up here, however, I tend to run hot. My son has the Stratus and wears a fanatic vest when it gets really cold.

I own most every piece of Sitka in both EVII and Subalpine, but I do not (and won't) own the Fanatic.

Hope this helps.
Steve

The Stratus jacket work well for me... spending most of my time in JoCo. Theres definitely times of year where its too warm, but overall a good jacket to just have around. Got one from springhill outfitters although it was tough to find, not a lot of places had the Stratus in XL

The Stratus jacket work well for me... spending most of my time in JoCo. Theres definitely times of year where its too warm, but overall a good jacket to just have around. Got one from springhill outfitters although it was tough to find, not a lot of places had the Stratus in XL
Where is JoCo and the temps and weather you used the stuff in?