Rifle Cartridges for Hunting

Guy M, is that a "Booger" loaded on that 300WSM, otherwise I'd guess maybe a Barnes TSX?

Yuppers, that's a 210 gr Berger VLD. Oh my goodness it's accurate from my rifle. Sadly, I've yet to take game with that rifle. Maybe next season?

So many rifles, so few seasons!

Guy

22lr,22wm,223,243[son and I both shot first elk with]257wby,7rm,325wsm,340wby,2-338NM.Handfull of pistols and 4 bows that have all arrowed 6x6:)

There are more 325wsm's on here than I would have thought. I bought mine from a buddy who was in a hard spot financially and didn't know much about the caliber. I still havent done much with it.

Yuppers, that's a 210 gr Berger VLD. Oh my goodness it's accurate from my rifle. Sadly, I've yet to take game with that rifle. Maybe next season?

So many rifles, so few seasons!

Guy

What a round. I have a Berger 180gn VLD Hunting load for my 300WSM Tikka T3 Lite that I took my cow elk with this year and all of the descriptions of its' performance are spot on... tiny entry and blown up vitals. It's good when you plan to certify a load for a virgin hunting rifle and then get out and let it rip.

Yeah, I have been wondering the same thing the last couple months. I am not opposed to the 28 - just thought a 156gr pill out of the 26 sounded fun.

The BC on the 147eldm is up there too. That bullet pushed to 3300ish would be decent once its over 300-400 yards. My gut feel is that its too soft at 26N speeds in close, as several bullets are.

I like to have a rifle in every speed for a bore size. A few I am still working on and a couple I have mulitples of the same cartridge.
223/22-250/223wssm
6.5cm/260ai/65-284/26N
7rem mag
308/300wsm/win mag/rum
325wsm
33nos/338edge

I think the next thing I will build will be similar to the 458b&m supershort. Won't be a long distance gun but it will pack some punch up close.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.