Professional Hunter to Remove Idaho Wolves

You can have our wolves come and get them. Although introducing an invasive species to combat another invasive species seems like it might be not the best idea...

Government logic is infallable! Pretty sure I can't pile up any more sarcasm!

The species that is declining due to wolves is moose. They are nearly gone in western Wyoming, central Idaho wilderness and now in my area. We used to have moose around the house quite frequently. Haven't seen one all summer. What a government led disaster.

Ok men.... I was just sitting here thinking about all the negative impacts the wolf has had on elk, deer, coyotes, moose, mt lions etc etc etc. Let's stop lamenting this and start doing something about it. Let's get our tags... plan some wolf hunts, and push back. Consider the impact of even 10 less wolves in the state... now picture 40. Can you even imagine how much wildlife conservation that would perform just by that one simple act.

This site has a ton of members, many of which are in Idaho and Montana... and good shooters. And each person here has at least a friend or two that would go hunting with them as well.

Time to put up.... I'm getting my tags tomorrow. Then I'm going to hit up a guy I know that lives north of Sun Valley Idaho and get the lo-down. Then before the year is out... I'm going to try to fill 2 tags. I'd be happy with one, but happier with two. I'm going to get a couple for my son also. Let's see if we can fill this thread up with images of wolves "WE" LongRangeHunters can add to this page of us doing something about this problem.

Come on guys! Hit me up if you live in Idaho and want to help out. Perhaps we can pool together for a trip, or to share information on sightings, etc. I say no more complaining... but let's start celebrating "OUR" successes in reducing the wolf numbers in our states.

I love hunting coyotes... but it's time to do something about these pests/wolves.

I'm thinking that it's a lot of MY tax dollars being spent that should have never been, but it's a problem that was way out of hand long ago.

I think it would help if all were allowed to hunt them like we can hunt coyotes...all year long!!!

and when they first got the project going they took money out of the Pittman Robertson fund to help this was illegal so they pretty much stole from the sportmen

I was watching a National Geographic show about Yellowstone. They said a mite had attacked the wolf. They said it had killed half the wolf population and was still killing them. The mite burrows under their skin. It causes them to lose their fur thus the ability to stay warm. Is this true? If so have you noticed any rebound in the deer or elk herds?

This was predicted before the first wolf was turned loose. It took over 100 years of an all out war on Wolves to remove them from the Western US. The Wolves would of still been here if they hadn't used 10/80. That was the final assault on them that worked. Now after all the $ spent we can spend more to hire someone to control a problem that didn't exist before the Idiots screwed it up again... When will they or we learn??? When the people in charge of Wildlife are Idiots from the Idiot Factory (college) and none of them have any field knowledge this is what you get. There is no money for grants or huge budgets to study Whitetail Deer but start a study on reintroduction of Wolves and Dollars flow. It is really to bad. I know I was fortunate to live through the best hunting years with the biggest populations of game animals... No one will see those glory years again. Where the Fish and Game was begging everyone to buy B-tags for Elk just to help control their numbers.. Now you can't even shoot a Cow with your Bow in many areas. I say give the guy 10/80 and let him go to work. Using anything less is just a waste of paying his wages for the small number he will take. dgarrett
Well said, dg!

Wolves should be listed as varmints and given no protection.

This was predicted before the first wolf was turned loose. It took over 100 years of an all out war on Wolves to remove them from the Western US. The Wolves would of still been here if they hadn't used 10/80. That was the final assault on them that worked. Now after all the $ spent we can spend more to hire someone to control a problem that didn't exist before the Idiots screwed it up again... When will they or we learn??? When the people in charge of Wildlife are Idiots from the Idiot Factory (college) and none of them have any field knowledge this is what you get. There is no money for grants or huge budgets to study Whitetail Deer but start a study on reintroduction of Wolves and Dollars flow. It is really to bad. I know I was fortunate to live through the best hunting years with the biggest populations of game animals... No one will see those glory years again. Where the Fish and Game was begging everyone to buy B-tags for Elk just to help control their numbers.. Now you can't even shoot a Cow with your Bow in many areas. I say give the guy 10/80 and let him go to work. Using anything less is just a waste of paying his wages for the small number he will take. dgarrett
Well said, dg!

When wolves run out of elk and deer, ranchers will suffer even greater losses.

Well said, dg!

the whole problem exists because the people that manage our wildlife don't have the balls to stand up for the hunters that they work for,if they did they would have started a hunting program the minute they reached quota.and surely would have never put them as endangered when it was not even the same wolf. our fish and wildlife is run by PETA and friends of animals etc. not fish and wildlife.

FWIW couple of weeks ago some one bagged a large male with a full belly, 195 pounds, within 10 miles of my place.

I best be getting on the stick.

Ok men.... I was just sitting here thinking about all the negative impacts the wolf has had on elk, deer, coyotes, moose, mt lions etc etc etc. Let's stop lamenting this and start doing something about it. Let's get our tags... plan some wolf hunts, and push back. Consider the impact of even 10 less wolves in the state... now picture 40. Can you even imagine how much wildlife conservation that would perform just by that one simple act.

This site has a ton of members, many of which are in Idaho and Montana... and good shooters. And each person here has at least a friend or two that would go hunting with them as well.

Time to put up.... I'm getting my tags tomorrow. Then I'm going to hit up a guy I know that lives north of Sun Valley Idaho and get the lo-down. Then before the year is out... I'm going to try to fill 2 tags. I'd be happy with one, but happier with two. I'm going to get a couple for my son also. Let's see if we can fill this thread up with images of wolves "WE" LongRangeHunters can add to this page of us doing something about this problem.

Come on guys! Hit me up if you live in Idaho and want to help out. Perhaps we can pool together for a trip, or to share information on sightings, etc. I say no more complaining... but let's start celebrating "OUR" successes in reducing the wolf numbers in our states.

I love hunting coyotes... but it's time to do something about these pests/wolves.

Did you ever get out and hunt? I live in S. Idaho and would be interested in what you have suggested here.

Did you ever get out and hunt? I live in S. Idaho and would be interested in what you have suggested here.
Yes i will be there soon,a friend has had cattle killed by wolves.and the last time i went 2 days after i left they had 2 killed almost right on the road up fromtheir house that has happened twice that i know of.first time was in another place,just my luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.