Professional Hunter to Remove Idaho Wolves

Read the book that I mention in this section under another thread. The attorney that is primarily responsible for the state management has some good ideas. He thinks the tide is gradually turning and that more people favor management for all wildlife instead of just one. We just need to get the word out that wolves are destroying our deer, elk and moose.

Reasonable has gotten us to the point where Idaho is now calling the shots. Reasonable has given us hunting seasons and trapping seasons, as along as we continue being reasonable we will retain management control. 0

You are right, we shouldn't have been reasonable back when this whole thing started but that was then, it's a whole different beast now.

Respectfully disagree, an Idaho Governor going on record, and ordering a shut down of the cooperation the state previously afforded USFWS, and a midterm election of folks that threatened USFWS budget, were the causative factors of the agency removing themselves from the lawsuit to stop de-listing.

There are only a handful of folks who can find and trap wolves! It is not as easy as putting on your hunting boots and walking in the woods.

I personally believe that state wide permits should be offered to hunters to swrink this wolf population period. The putting of a bandage (hiring a trapper) is not going to get the job done state wide.

Most people who don't live on a ranch or get into the dark timber, have no clue as what a pack of wolfs can do during the year. The numbers would shock most people, as to how many deer, elk, sheep etc that they kill.

Why those wolf's don't even have to kill an animal, just the chasing them around all day costs the rancher big bucks come time to ship their cattle, sheep etc. I don't say kill them all, why heck no gents. I do say let them have a breeding pair for every 350 square miles!!! Then sell tags to local hunters to keep them in check!

The saddest part of this whole equatIon is the human factor. When we try to mess with mo nature... She gives us a swift kick in the *** to remind us who's boss. Transplanting these wolves, which never did roam the Idaho landscape, was folly from the very beginning, but no, they knew better. This breed of wolf is happy to kill animals for sport. Many fallen prey have been repeatably recovered that haven't even been consumed... just left to rot. With deer and elk populations falling like they are, and wolves spreading into new territory, like they have, tension is going to increase until the pendulum swings in the other direction. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and the more hunters, ranchers and other common citizenry get to the point of being ****ed off about the damage wolves cause to herds, pets and eventually god forbid, some campers children, the pressure that results will spur those sitting in power to change direction on the wolf issue, regardless of funding.

It's just a matter of time. A couple of years ago, there weren't any reports of wolves south of the Snake river, however that is changing. We saw a wolf the night before open season on deer down at Sublett Reservoir and after talking to some other hunters afterwards, they've been seeing them there and elsewhere in the southern region for over a year.

I've got two tags in my wallet, and any wolf that crosses our path this year will be eating dirt. Like concealed carry permits, more hunters need to have a wolf tag in their wallets at all times, or two.

That's my honest opinion on the matter.

I've got two tags in my wallet, and any wolf that crosses our path this year will be eating dirt. Like concealed carry permits, more hunters need to have a wolf tag in their wallets at all times, or two.

Yes hunters need to gutshoot the first two then tag the next two...

Perhaps the biggest myth of all, perpetuated by wolf lovers, is that the wolf is endangered and or threatened in North America....it is not. However, most Americans do not seem to know that....wonder why?

I said this to all my friends that it was a step to stop hunting, they lied and stalled in court and they get their money back if they lose you can check that.once we could do any thing it was to late .it is sad how we let a few dictate these things

A big step in the right direction would be to force the feds to fulfill their promise to give territorial land back to the State according to the formation documents. That would give those lands back to the States and get the feds out of the control business.

The states should control their own game not the feds.obama and his people are destroying and dividing this great country.the wolf introduction has been a big lie from the beginning, just a tool to destroy hunting

Trapping and/or snares are the very best way to make a dent in any predator population.

However, it's gotta be done by someone who knows what they are doing.

Gunning them will have minimal impact but it will show measurable positive results in fawn counts.

We have all been looking at and talking about this Wolf crap for about 20 years now! So where have we changed the direction this is all heading? The Wolves are spreading all over the west faster than any State Department of Wildlife can keep track of. Do any of you trust the Wolf count numbers your state reports? I sure as h#ll don't. I know for a fact that I have seen Wolves and tracks in areas of Washington State that our WDFW denies are there. Other hunters are reporting sightings almost daily on our Hunt Washington Forum, the Wolf count is 3 times the state count. Not long ago there was a TV news broadcaster all giddy about the discovery of Wolves in southern Oregon. She should have to cover the killing Wolves do. ODFW has since confirmed by hair samples DNA test these Wolves are related to the pacts killing the Elk, Deer, and Cattle way over in Eastern Oregon. California next! Problem is, all the states top brass Fish and Wildlife people are aligned with the liars that brought us this illegally funded "Reintroduction" scam in the first place. Each and every States Fish & Game Departments all get millions of dollars from the federal USFWS every year at a time when most states Governors have little or no concern about them in the budgets. This "Reintroduction" was perpetrated in the 1990's by, USFWS Director Jamie Rappaport Clark and "Wolf Recovery Project Manager Ed Bangs with $60 - $70 million illegally taken from the Pittman Robertson Funds. Clark and Bangs should have been charged and prosecuted. I'll bet most of you have already watched (and the ones how have not should see) J D Kings two movies "Crying Wolf" and "Blue". This shows how, why and what this "Reintroduction" is really about. So after 20 years, I"m not sure we will ever get this Wolf crap going in the right direction with out a really good law firm and legal action. If this "Wolf Reintroduction" was by illegal means enacted and not approved by our US Congress, how can we be held to it legally? I'm ready to put up the price of a good rifle or more, how about you guys. Think about it and wail you do, please read the interview of Jim Beers at this link, How Legal Was The Introduction Of Canadian Wolves Into The Northern Rockies? >> Four Winds 10 - Truth Winds

http://www.fourwinds10.net/siterun_data/government/fraud/us_government/news.php?q=1295973697

Last edited:
I grew up in game unit 13 in Alaska. When I was in High School, we could get 3 caribou/yr. Now it is one a year by permit but the daily bag limit on wolves in 10/day. Yep, you are allowed 10 wolves every day, although I would like to meet the hunter who can limit more than 1 day!

Do any of you trust the Wolf count numbers your state reports? I sure as h#ll don't. I know for a fact that I have seen Wolves and tracks in areas of Washington State that our WDFW denies are there. Other hunters are reporting sightings almost daily on our Hunt Washington Forum, the Wolf count is 3 times the state count.

I know there is at least one wolf in the Hannigan Pass area north of the Mt Baker highway. The WDFW told me there weren't any in that area. When I said if that meant it was coyotes I was seeing then I would shoot them. I was told that would not be a good idea but they still wouldn't admit the possibility of wolves.

I bet Teddy Roosevelt would kick the dirt off his grave if he knew what had happened. He put a lot of effort into lowering predator animals in the west for the game and ranchers sake with government trappers and hunters. When I was working as a wildlife officer our state had an invasion of coyotes some of these male coyotes killed or trapped was big. I seen one killed on the road that weighed 64 lb. They have killed a lot of their food base, ground hogs, fawn deer and raiding turkey nests in nesting season and hurt all populations. I told some of the biologists to go to the vets around the state and find any dogs brought in with Parvo or Distemper and rent them and take them out and walk them in good coyote areas. Then a strain of Distemper hit our raccoon that would transfer to coyotes. The coyote population has went way down in a lot of the state. I Laughed when it happened. Coyote looked at sick raccoon as a free meal. On the raccoons belly was a death certificate for the whole Coyote pack. Ha Ha.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.