Preferred Glassing Tripod for Backpack Hunting?

Well if you want to go for about as light and cheap as they get, the vanguard tripods work well, less than 100 bucks. Now they are not smooth to pan with, but they do work, and are as light as you can get. I still use it for my backcountry bivy hunts. But if I'm not hunting out of my pack for days on end I typically step up to a better smoother tripod.

Sirui T-024 with a Tricer head. Probably not your best option for a 115 spotter, but plenty stable for a 85-90. Love it with an outdoorsman's bino adapter and larger binos.

Sirui T124 with the v10 head, I running my vortex 13x39 spotter. Plan to shoot off it as well, haven't been able to yet.

I have ran a Benro (now my boy runs it), Slik 624 (now my dad runs it) and now running the Aziak tripod which is really nice, light and very well built. Heads….I am just not a ball head guy when it comes to glassing, the spotting scope is the worst on them, but love the weight savings. For fluid heads, Promaster (great price, but tall), VA-5 (decent price, clamp isn't the best) and a Nighthawk (expensive, great clamp). Current setup is the Aziak with the VA-5 for a 85mm spotter and binos. For binos I have used Outdoorsman (too many parts), RRS Bino hand (too bulky) and the Aziak (light and sleek) all work well on any of the fluid heads, the Aziak is just simple and allows easy fit in the Bino harness without any extra parts.

Outdoorsman. I have the aluminum one with their head. Super happy with the quality. They also came out with a new carbon fiber one that im sure is top of the line. They sell other brands as well. Outdoorsman.com

BOG now has a graphite epoxy tripod that is a lot lighter than the aluminum one. Very high quality, very stable and with lots of features. You can use it for optics or shoot from it, sitting or standing, almost a portable bench rest.