BACKPACK GLASSING LOADOUT

I really like Meopta Meostar binos for their value. I have SLC 10s but prefer the 8x32 Meostars, for their field of view, around the neck. Depending on situation either Meostar 15x56 or Kowa 774 off the tripod. I've been running a Promaster 525c tripod with Benro S2 head but this year I may run a Slik 634 instead of the Promaster.

Been using the outdoorsman's tripod and that's rock solid. The pistol grip works great with binos off the tripod. If I'm going to be doing a lot of spotter looking I switch out the pistol grip for the micro panhead. Been using the micro panhead lately for everything. Pretty much anything outdoorsman's is good quality.

I really like Meopta Meostar binos for their value. I have SLC 10s but prefer the 8x32 Meostars, for their field of view, around the neck. Depending on situation either Meostar 15x56 or Kowa 774 off the tripod. I've been running a Promaster 525c tripod with Benro S2 head but this year I may run a Slik 634 instead of the Promaster.
I'm in the process of decided new tween upgrading my cheapie 10x's to the 10x SLC or keeping the 10's I have any snagging the meopta 15x's. Never used a spotter much

I'm in the process of decided new tween upgrading my cheapie 10x's to the 10x SLC or keeping the 10's I have any snagging the meopta 15x's. Never used a spotter much
I really love the 15s but if your 10s are not up to par I believe I would upgrade them first unless you are primarily a Coues hunter. Good solid 10s or 8s are always going to be used.

I love glassing. One of my favorite hobbies. IMO the binos are the most important. Pay once cry once. I have the 10x42 el Swarovski. Field optics research makes dang good tripods. They are wonderful. Only go carbon. Multoreasons but sounds is the most important for me. Hitting it on something. I bought the Swarovski bino adaptor It is alway fun to sit and glass with a tripod. I use a spotter. But I use the binos far more.

What binos and spotters do you guys like and what are some that you have used that just were not up to par?

Also what tripods are you guys running while backpacking?
I run Leica 3200.com 10x50 and have had swaro EL 10x50. For a spotter I run a bushnell elite HD, older, but the glass is very good. They were made different back then. On guided hunts I generally use Swaro 20-60. For a tripod, I love my fiesol 3342 with arca on a 50mm ball head. I use this tripod for everything, incredible stability for the cost and weight.

Meopta 12X50 using Manfrotto 290xtra carbon tripod with Bog Pod bino rest and a sturdy ball head. Not to heavy and simple. If they are far away enough power to tell you if its worth trying to get closer.

we hunt those small whitetails in Arizona and have long distances to see/shoot. Needless to say a 10 or 12 power isn't very useful. I use 10 power for Archery :) My son and I use 15 power Swarski and Leopold high end glass on a tripod for glassing. I recently got some 18x glass and I'm going to try that as well (my eyes are not as good as my son's)... just about the everyone we know and hunt with now uses high end 15x on a tripod. A few times we'll carry and higher powered spotting scope and pull that out after we found them with Bino's, that's more to get pictures and/or determine size of antlers. But it's quicker and easier to find them with the 15x bino. Tripod is a much

For the Coues deer back pack it's always my 15x56 Swaros and a KOWA TSN-553 compact spotter. Promaster Carbon Fiber Tripod with a Outdoorsman's Jim White pan head. Tripod and spotter I got from Doug at Cameraland.

Redfield binos for 150 bucks, they were voted best under 500 at optics planet. I will upgrade someday! Vortex Razer 15-45 spotter. Need to buy Revic range finder and kestrel first though.

Recent Posts