My thoughts on solid copper bullets and in comparison to other bullet types.

Zero, life has changed the opportunity so now it's a concentrated effort on quality not volume so I load just the very best and CE are not on the list for couple of reasons.
That's the beauty of having a multitude of available bullet choices to cater to personal choices/preferences and intended purpose. We should be all thankful for all the offerings available.

That's the beauty of having a multitude of available bullet choices to cater to personal choices/preferences and intended purpose. We should be all thankful for all the offerings available.
You are correct, sir. And no need to try to influence anyone against or seek to undermine something they like and that works good for them. Most of us have changed our views and components various times over the years. And good chance most of us will do so again in the future if the Lord gives us life and health to continue in the shooting/hunting opportunity. Boy, life sure is a learning curve. Just when you thought you had it figured out, something pops up that makes the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow disappear.

@xsn10s, I appreciate the posts you've dropped here showing results for different projos. While they are a bit inconclusive, it does have interest value and gives a window into what can be expected to a degree - at least when the conditional parameters are the same and the shooter does his part.

@xsn10s, I appreciate the posts you've dropped here showing results for different projos. While they are a bit inconclusive, it does have interest value and gives a window into what can be expected to a degree - at least when the conditional parameters are the same and the shooter does his part.
None of the tests are truly scientific so the results are up for questioning. People are free to post results up for insights or questioning. If people aren't willing to test for themselves well that's their prerogative. I'm just the messenger.

You are correct, sir. And no need to try to influence anyone against or seek to undermine something they like and that works good for them. Most of us have changed our views and components various times over the years. And good chance most of us will do so again in the future if the Lord gives us life and health to continue in the shooting/hunting opportunity. Boy, life sure is a learning curve. Just when you thought you had it figured out, something pops up that makes the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow disappear.

People can make their own choices with the options available, and there are plenty to choose from.

I've never used Cutting Edge Bullets or even shot them so I have no skin in the game. But here's a pretty good thread on using them on bulls and buck. And some thoughts on their ELR use. https://www.longrangeonly.com/forum/threads/cutting-edge-bullets-terminal-performance-reports.6326/
Zero, life has changed the opportunity so now it's a concentrated effort on quality not volume so I load just the very best and CE are not on the list for couple reasons.

I've never used them either. What is it that keeps them from being in vogue or promoted a lot by hunters on here? Not looking for emotional beef - just facts. ;) Trying to learn.

Down loading to get a lower impact velocity changes bullet expansion because of impact RPM are lower than they would be shot at full power at range, changes stability also while it's interesting it's not reality.cope
Also, the lower start velocity will not heat up the bullet as much and the bullet will exit the barrel at a lower temperature making it less malable. Deformation should be less.

Recent Posts