My thoughts on solid copper bullets and in comparison to other bullet types.

I stopped following this thread when the personal attacks started. I checked a couple of times because when someone quotes me I get notified.
Let me repeat something I said, which is a contrary experience I observe on this forum than you describe
A person is "baited" into testing a product
That person accepts
No sooner than he accepts, rules are imposed on the test with a quick followup of trying to discredit the tester before the bullets were emailed. That effort has continutued over the last couple of days
Now Personally I like to hear from hunters like you but my experience these least 6-8 months on this forum, is if you dare say anything other than hammer, it will become personal. And if the thread grows, it will be closed, or shut down or removed.
I read your post twice, and my conclusion is you are biased. Its like I am biased when it comes to Ford Trucks. I had great luck with them and bad like with the rest. Have a tried every model of the rest? NOPE, do I need to? NOPE
I never critisized ANY monos, because I have NO experience hunting with any
This is the only forum that I have personally experienced and also observed personal attacks when someone disagrees with you. It started when I dare to mention QuickLoad program a couple of years ago.
And I observed the last year becoming more aggressive.
I think it is time for me to take a break from anything bullet related on this forum, it is futile to continue
Thank you all for your contributions to my education
Good shooting...good hunting
I don't know bro. You're a good guy. There's more to this story than you see. There's fault on all sides for sure, but the issue isn't as simple as it seems on the surface. I'm not on the inside track myself, just making my own deductions as you are. I see a little different picture than you do, but that's ok. Don't have interest in extending this myself. You're right, we all need to chill. Is it possible you're doing the same thing to fordy you're seeing in him or bothered by in others? 😉

Last edited:
I've used the 185 cutting edge lazer on 3 bulls, all under 100. Two dropped on the spot and the other went 15 yds and then down. One in the neck, one high shoulder and one behind the shoulder(went 15). Haven't shot anything long range with them yet.

Shot 12 animals with the 140 Cutting edge, between 320 yards and 825, all but one animal requiring dispatching due to very, very small wound channels, only mono bullet I've actually blown up, put a finishing shot on a cow elk at 25 yard at the base of her neck, no exit and I could only find very small copper frag, first round behind the shoulder heavy quartering forward, very little damage to lung and bullet actually pushed past major arteries at the front of the chest without cutting them, no collateral damage, stupid accurate but that was all I had for them being lethal, neck shot a bull at 825 and the bullet turned in the spinal column straight up, did not break the neck but drilled a clean hole.

Shot 12 animals with the 140 Cutting edge, between 320 yards and 825, all but one animal requiring dispatching due to very, very small wound channels, only mono bullet I've actually blown up, put a finishing shot on a cow elk at 25 yard at the base of her neck, no exit and I could only find very small copper frag, first round behind the shoulder heavy quartering forward, very little damage to lung and bullet actually pushed past major arteries at the front of the chest without cutting them, no collateral damage, stupid accurate but that was all I had for them being lethal, neck shot a bull at 825 and the bullet turned in the spinal column straight up, did not break the neck but drilled a clean hole.
Was that a lazer? They're supposed to cause more damage than the MTH line according to Cutting edge

Recent Posts