My Dad's 30/375 S.I. by Straight Shot Gunsmithing

DSCF0662.jpg

Read the whole thread.

You're making great progress.

However, I think your velocities are a bit puny. If'n yur gonna shoot with the geriatric set yur gonna have to step things up a bit.

Above was tongue-in-cheek but only a little....:D

Ever think of giving 50 BMG a try. With bullets on the heavy for bore side 50 BMG came into its own, over Retumbo, H-1000 and US-869 300 OTMs in a 338 RUM.

PS: ya best be getting it together before you shoot out that barred. :D

Its a fun thread. Keepr goin'.

Thanks Roy, i think the long bearing surface is the reason my velocities are low, and the fact i am about 2 grains below max. I want to hit 3035 with the 215s so i can just steal Jeff's dope in Townsend and hit my target with minimal work. :D One of my Dad's friends has a 50 BMG, he uses it for prairie dogs. Lol. I want to give it a try. I only have 144 rounds down the barrel, it should last until the end of next year. :rolleyes: I hope the 215s are easy to develop a load for, i start school tomorrow so range time will be minimal. :rolleyes:

Riley,

I meant 50 BMG Powder. . .

Oh, my bad, i thought it didnt make much sense when talking about the cartridge. Lol:rolleyes:

No i havent, i dont think i would have enough capacity to hit pressure before having to super glue and/or duct tape the bullet to the case to keep it from moving out on me. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.