Most accurate non custom

I have to say my Browning x-bolts have been excellent and they are priced right. 1 in 300RUM and the other in 28NOSLER the 300 is exceptional. Shoots 220 ELD-X's less than .5 moa! Taken Moose at 470 yards drt with it! Very happy with it! My wife's Savage UL in 280AI is really good as well. And she has shot Muley's at 400 with it. They all will shoot if you spend the time on load development and stock fit up. Granted some are just duds right outta the box! I've had a few of those over the years!🙄 Good luck on your search.
Agree, Browning is good quality product. Price depending on what your requirements are are good value. My experience is similar to Ruger out of the box, it is hit or miss? I have had Rugers that would shoot and those that I could not make shoot. I never got a grasp on the Ruger, but all of the Browni gs I have had I could get to shoot eventually.

I've had 4 tikkas over the years. All have been accurate, sub MOA. Have a Fierce 7 RM that is accurate too, though the fit and finish is less than I would expect for a rifle in that price range.

No first hand experience, but I would give the Seekins, Browning Hells Canyon Speed, or Bergara's a try. This thread is the first place I've seen negative comments about the Bergera.

I'd go with another Tikka too, but would get a heavy barrel model like a varmint and drop it in a carbon or laminate stock. My Tikka CTR in a KRG Bravo stock is the most accurate of the tikkas I have. They shoot well with the factory stock, but I just like something with better fit and feel. TBH, I don't own any guns in a laminate stock but love the looks and feel!

I have a Bergara B14 HMR Wilderness 6.5 Creedmoor in an MDT ESS chassis and a Bergara B14 HMR .308 in a Magpul 700 Pro chassis and they are both very accurate rifles but, they are not out of the box stock rifles

Savage, has served me well. Own a few and with a little work and load development, this is a typical 100 yd - 5 shot grouping. Cold bore shot at 2 o'clock,,, or more likely operator error?

Attachments

• IMG_1226 (1).jpg
    IMG_1226 (1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
I'm not recommending these. Just showing my findings.
I've purchased 4 ruger American 308 rifles for kids first deer rifles. They've all shot 1/2" or less 5 shot groups
Here are the only 2 target pics I still have. View attachment 457636View attachment 457637
5 shot groups with inexpensive 3x9 scopes.
I have shot the new rugers in 308 and 6.5 Needmore and they were both tack drivers with factory ammo. I have an old M77 in 243 and you would think that it was a custom built rifle the group at 100 yards to the diameter of the bullet.

With all these "one hole" factory guns why didn't any of you take huntnful's $100k bet?

With all these "one hole" factory guns why didn't any of you take huntnful's $100k bet?

I definitely considered it. Then I started thinkin bout how much I trusted the glass on top of it!

I believe a thousand bucks would be my limit on any kinda gun gamblin. Unless large amounts of social lubrication was involved.

Looking for first hand experiences. Don't have the funds for true custom but I've seen too many chime in on other threads about their non custom guns shooting amazing. Some of the brands I've seen thrown around are Sauer,Seekins,Fierce,even Tikka etc . My budget is in the 2k range without glass. I'm looking for a 7 mag or 300 mag. Anyway would love your advice based on experience.
Thanks!
I have two Bergara's, 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC. They seem pretty nice and are accurate. I put a tanker style muzzle brake on each to tame some of their kick. That contributed to my tinnitus and probably to anyone else to the side of me at the range. I was so glad when my Banish 30 suppressor arrived, it makes shooting those powerful guns more pleasant.