MOA vs MIL

View attachment 590576
Getting it bedded up right now
Your take is it trumps the nx8 4-32 by a good margin? I've been running mainly mrk5's for quite a few years with no issues. But…. Have I been lucky? Not sure. I need 4 new scopes for hunting rigs. Was planning on nx8's but maybe I should give these a try? Just wish they had a little more travel but not a deal breaker

Your take is it trumps the nx8 4-32 by a good margin? I've been running mainly mrk5's for quite a few years with no issues. But…. Have I been lucky? Not sure. I need 4 new scopes for hunting rigs. Was planning on nx8's but maybe I should give these a try? Just wish they had a little more travel but not a deal breaker

You should take a look at the Zeiss S3s also. If you wanted travel the S3 4-25 has 46.5 mils.

In my opinion, with what I've seen as far as durability, RTZ and holding zero with the tenmiles. There have been no issues whatsoever. So if the dependability is on about the same level. Then the FFP 5-25 Tenmile is better in literally every way. Better turrets, better glass, better reticle, better illumination, better eyebox, numbered Parralax (for at least a reference), easier zero stop/zero setting and all for the same weight as the 4-32 NX8.

I have 2 NX8's sitting right here. So I'm not just taking jabs. They're a good scope. But if the Tenmile was $2500 and the NX8 was $2000. I would buy the Tenmile.

Got it all mounted also.
IMG_5340.jpeg

In my opinion, with what I've seen as far as durability, RTZ and holding zero with the tenmiles. There have been no issues whatsoever. So if the dependability is on about the same level. Then the FFP 5-25 Tenmile is better in literally every way. Better turrets, better glass, better reticle, better illumination, better eyebox, numbered Parralax (for at least a reference), easier zero stop/zero setting and all for the same weight as the 4-32 NX8.

I have 2 NX8's sitting right here. So I'm not just taking jabs. They're a good scope. But if the Tenmile was $2500 and the NX8 was $2000. I would buy the Tenmile.

Got it all mounted also.
View attachment 590650
Sounds good. Maybe I will give it a shot. I like what you have to say. Seems like a solid choice. I actually like moa….

If you can't speak both, IMO spend more time learning. Neither system is so hard that a minimal amount of effort won't get you functional in each of them.

There is apps that will do the conversion of moa to mils.
Just type in moa to mils on the net and pick one. Helped me immensely. HTH
Edit: westernwhitetail.com. Just remember to move the decimal point to get clicks numbers.
You missed my sarcasm...This was long before apps/handheld Babylonian death squares were even a thought. I used to carry a calculator watch to do range math, because a laser range finder, what was that???