Meanwhile on RS they're killin bear, deer, elk , and moose with .223 and 77gr TMK.

Here you go

YouTube video of the above article

Now guess which one had more edible meat

I meant more of the pictures of the trauma to the vitals. So compare say the heart and lung damage of the two to each other. Cool video though. Reminds me of Furman's big horn sheep shot with the 156gr EOL.

I don't disagree with what you're saying and I don't disagree with the RS post, but let's ASSUME these guides have a large sample size. How do you explain that they're seeing the most non recovered game with 270 and smaller?

Here's my point…I agree about seeing impacts, cheaper ammo to practice, easier to shoot, resulting in my practice, but let's face it, most opening day hunters are sighting in their rifles the weekend before the season. This year, in TWO different Colorado seasons, I had guys trying to sight in their rifles on Friday night as it was getting dark, right outside of their camps. And watching impacts, most guys couldn't see an impact from a 22LR.

So now you're back to guys shooting small calibers, still not hitting what they're aiming at, except now you have more wind drift and less forgiving bullets.
If they are sighting in their rifles the day before, night before, or week before, they obviously are not practicing and more than likely don't take shooting and preparation very seriously. They would suck with a magnum or a 22 hornet.

They are the fudds people should strive not to be.

As to the guide question, I don't know. I'd guess most of their clients are shooting bullets that do not maximize the cartridge theyre shooting (ie a mono or bonded bullet). Or perhaps they are guiding the type of guy addressed at the beginning of this post.

Trauma is trauma. When cleaning all you have to do is show the vital organs or arterial damage. This isn't hard to figure out. Bleeding caused by bullet damage, and arrow, a knife is recorded pretty easily by a photo. Not sure why this is so difficult to understand.

My new AR15 73gr ELDM load is going 2843 fps with a SD of 14.28. COL 2.300" feeds from my mags with no modification to my upper/ lower/ barrel. Shot it out to 800 yard steel. I might play with my barrel fitment some and also possibly swap out primers to tighten up the groups. At around 1 moa right now.

Recent Posts