Looking to get a couple suppressors

Go with a trust. You may want to talk to a local attorney that is good with your state guns laws etc. that way nothing gets missed in the trust. You can make yourself the executor of the trust and have the ability to add or move people as you want. I've used the silencer shop and kiosk's, real simple, upload your documents, go to the kiosk and get your finger prints and picture done, and then you wait. I have been working on one through a local dealer for over two years now because the ATF didn't like the way he did some of the paperwork, so it got rejected and I had to re-apply.

I'm wanting to get a couple suppressors. I have no idea really of what's the "best" way to apply but I do know I want my wife and son to be able to use them. So I'm told a trust is the route to go?? Looking to putting them primarily on a 300 wsm I'm building and a 308 win. Would love to use them on other threaded rifles I got as well. Am I better off applying online with a company like silencer shop or at a local gun shop? And can you add someone to the trust down the road? Any help is appreciated. And I hope things are faster than what I've heard lol.
Singleshot Unlimited trust through Silencershop allows you to buy more suppressors in the future with the same trust. You will just need to purchase additional tax stamps. You can also add people, but they have to go through the same fingerprint and background check as the primary user. Also it will usually takes a little longer to get the stamp back when there are multiple users.

Let me know if you need help with the process. I've sold a lot of suppressors geared toward active hunters so have had the opportunity to shoot a lot of different types.

A trust is the way to go if you want other people other then yourself to be in possession of your NFA items. Although you can use a trust online and be 100% legal, owning a NFA has significant legal responsibilities. I went with a local law firm that specializes in NFA trusts so that if I have a question I don't have to rely on the internet for my legal advise. The best law firm in FL for NFA trusts I believe is in Jacksonville. I know a friend from Orlando that used a local lawyer that was giving him bad advice which would have ended up with him in jail if he had gotten caught. So getting the right advice was worth it when I spent $550 on the trust as my lawyer answers all of my questions and keeps me out of trouble for that fee.

As far as buying a suppressor, SilencerShop probably has the best system with their Kiosk system and app. Go on their website and search for any dealer with their Kiosk that is local and the Kiosk can take all of your information and finger prints as needed. Note that most dealers with a Kiosk will do their own sales or transfers through the SilencerShop system even if you don't buy your suppressor through SilencerShop. I have two cans currently in process like this. The first I bought at my local dealer, but they submitted through the kiosk. The second I bought from AR15Discounts and had transferred through my local dealer that used the Kiosk even though the transfer has nothing to do with SilencerShop.

Suppressors are awesome but they are expensive as you will want one for every firearm eventually. You might want to get an "universal" model like a SilencerCo HYBRID as a beginner can (Rugged, DeadAir, etc make similar cans that will do everything under .46 cal or under 9mm). If you are looking for something accurate for the .300 I would suggest looking at Thunderbeast as they are known to be some of the most accurate cans on the market. I also suggest getting a can with a taper locking system rather then direct thread. These solves the problem with the can backing off and becoming loose as well as allows the can to be used on multiple rifles with different threads.

I had a good experience dealing with Capital Armory . They have the trust available and helped me through the process.
Silencer Shop didn't have what I wanted or I might have gone that route.
Second Capitol Armory. I opted for them to ship mine to me and when my approvals came in I drove from Houston to their place in NW Austin and picked them up because I didn't want to wait. I have three more ordered, waiting for the system, and I'm about to buy two more Dead Air Masks. One will go HERE (best .22LR conversion for an AR I've ever used. Pull two pins, put the upper on, insert pins, load, and shoot (very fast)). .22LR is stupid quiet with a Mask on it. The Sandman-L is on a .223. I have a Primal coming for my 8.6 BLK, another Sandman L for whatever I feel like putting it on, and a Dead Air Ghost 45M for my .45 Auto or 10mm pistol.

They did my trust too.

I agree with the trust usage. Mine is one of the very early Silencershop ones. I've bought from like 4 different dealers.

I would think very hard about what the suppressor will be used on. I'm a big fan of having a very big/quiet can, along with compact/hunting can. I also strongly recommend a good dedicated pistol and 22lr can (I tend to shoot these the most). For the 22 and pistol I like something that is serviceable. I love all the big names like AAC, Silencerco, YHM, and Thunderbeast to name a few. I look at sound tests, weight, size, reviews....I also like to talk with people that have shot a specific can for feedback.

Silencer shop kiosk is pretty easy. I've bought from my dealer then used the kiosk and have also ordered cans on silencer shop to have transfered to my dealer. That only adds a week or 2 for the transfer. Since I'm in the silencer shop system I didn't even have to go to the dealer for the last one and did everything online. I haven't used them, but have heard a lot of positive things about capitol armory.

I have 5 now and am waiting on the 6th. There's tons of good options out there to pick from. Don't overlook the smaller companies like diligent defense and otter creek labs.

Dead Air is in the process of moving to a larger warehouse / manufacturing facility. I met Mike Pappas at Lethal Weapons Texas this year. They had a booth. It was nice to talk to someone in the industry and hear his opinions on the various things that fly around the internet.

+1 for a trust. I see good recommendations so far by the group. Kiosk is hard to pass up.

The easiest way for me was to setup the required documents, including fingerprints, in electronic format. I just changed a few boxes, printed, and mailed. Literally a minute to do. That was prior to the eform process. According to NFA tracker, it still looks like eforms are the way to go. A LGS or a knowledgeable friend can help you on the form the first time and its just rinse and repeat for future uses. If you use a LGS, make sure they don't sit on your paper work on the front and back end. I've had good and bad experiences.

Give search a try. You can narrow down exactly what you are looking for most of the time. Huge amount of information available from start to individual items.

Trust is the way to go, I've bought three Bannish 30's from Silencer Central, really nice folks, piece of cake, still waiting on the ATF to finalize the last one, but that's just part of the process. Shooting suppressed is the only way for me, my 28 Nosler was super loud. One time I was in a blind, had the barrel completely out of the window, my buddy heater was on in front of me, and when I shot the muzzle blast through the brake blew out the heater. The suppressor fixed all that, and it actually helped a tiny bit with accuracy, possibly because of the reduced noise lol.
I purchased mine, a Banish 30, from Silencer Central before the company had the electronic filing option and coincidentally right before COVID. That took FOREVER (well over a year from ATF). When the can arrived, I have been very impressed with its effectiveness on my .300 win mag. I love it. Do not need earmuffs at range anymore. Considering buying another can from them for my .257 AI (but I would definitely go the electronic method with the filing).

Another +1 on a Trust. A Single Shot Trust will be processed by ATF quicker than a regular trust as there is less to verify.

Due to the high demand for Suppressors, there are issues at times with certain brands/models of suppressors being sold out. You cannot finish the paperwork to submit to ATF until your processor has the suppressor in hand.

I found a local dealer that works with Silencer Shop that had a kiosk in their store. I choose two suppressors that were in stock at Silencer Shop. I filled out my Single Shot trust on line and my suppressor was delivered to my local dealer within a week and once that happened the final paperwork was completed and submitted.

Once you make that submission, ATF will send you an email acknowledging receipt of everything and that is your "day 1" with the ATF.

My entire process (which started on August 30, 2022) until I walked out of the store with my suppressor took 266 days. (eform 4)

If I had chosen a suppressor that was out of stock it would have taken longer as the local dealer cannot finish the paperwork until he has the suppressor in hand.

I was lucky that the suppressor that I wanted was in stock. I bought a Gunwerks 8 inch and a Gunwerks 6 inch. I could not be more happy!

When I picked up my suppressors I ordered a Little Bird for my 22LR and it is even simpler now that I am in Silencer Shop's data base. We did another Single Shot trust that I did not even have to fill out as I am in SS's data base, my dealer had a Little Bird in stock in his store so we did not have to wait for it to come in and within 24 hours of picking out the suppressor I had my email from ATF telling me my time had started.

There may be better ways of doing it but my process was about as simple as I could imagine it. Just remember key questions like is the suppressor in stock and how long will it take for the dealer to get it.

I'm wanting to get a couple suppressors. I have no idea really of what's the "best" way to apply but I do know I want my wife and son to be able to use them. So I'm told a trust is the route to go?? Looking to putting them primarily on a 300 wsm I'm building and a 308 win. Would love to use them on other threaded rifles I got as well. Am I better off applying online with a company like silencer shop or at a local gun shop? And can you add someone to the trust down the road? Any help is appreciated. And I hope things are faster than what I've heard lol.
I had no problem using a local gun shop that has a Silencer Shop kiosk on-site. I have multiple makes of suppressors and at this point, if I had it to do over again, I would just buy a AB Raptor with a 5" reflex in a .338 and also purchase a .30 caliber end cap to use on your 308. It's the best of all worlds. It's versatile, lightweight and effective. I have 4 of them and because they protect their suppliers, they are cheaper if purchased through a dealer. Best suppressor for the money bar none! My 2cents. Hope this helps!