Looking to get a couple suppressors

FlGunner

I'm wanting to get a couple suppressors. I have no idea really of what's the "best" way to apply but I do know I want my wife and son to be able to use them. So I'm told a trust is the route to go?? Looking to putting them primarily on a 300 wsm I'm building and a 308 win. Would love to use them on other threaded rifles I got as well. Am I better off applying online with a company like silencer shop or at a local gun shop? And can you add someone to the trust down the road? Any help is appreciated. And I hope things are faster than what I've heard lol.

I'm wanting to get a couple suppressors. I have no idea really of what's the "best" way to apply but I do know I want my wife and son to be able to use them. So I'm told a trust is the route to go?? Looking to putting them primarily on a 300 wsm I'm building and a 308 win. Would love to use them on other threaded rifles I got as well. Am I better off applying online with a company like silencer shop or at a local gun shop? And can you add someone to the trust down the road? Any help is appreciated. And I hope things are faster than what I've heard lol.
I had a good experience dealing with Capital Armory . They have the trust available and helped me through the process.
Silencer Shop didn't have what I wanted or I might have gone that route.

I did the silencer central thing the first time and it was a pain in the *** . I kept getting e-mails about fingerprints and such . They send you the cards to do. Or in my case they generated the label and didn't ship the box for 2 months while I waited. The suppressors were good after I finally got them . This time I went silencerco and kiosk . Super easy and about 10 minutes to do it all . Did the e file a few days later . Way easier! Definitely check out the bogo sale it's easy to get a extra can for just the stamp cost. Running 30 cal cans will probably be your best bet you can run most from 300 rum to some of the smaller cases no problem.

I also went the Sliencer central route it was seamless the guy that helped me was awesome. No complaints at all. Got two cans. Only complaint was the certification process they wanted to do at different times instead of all at once. I got ahold of my sales guy he made a call and boom done in one 7 minute phone call. Now fountain begins oh wait I'm supposed to forget about them to make time go buy faster. Lol. I went banish gold and the banish 338 for my shooting style and amount of rounds that the wife and I shoot a year

I also used silencer central. Super easy, they file all your paper work. Best part I liked is if you have a question there is a number to call and talk to someone in the US. They sell Banish suppressors and they have a 30 caliber that interchanges down to a 22 caliber.

Silencer Shop has become a victim of their own success. They've grown extremely quickly, especially after eForm 4s went online, and their service has suffered as a result. The last silencer I bought from them was a mess. It wound up costing me an extra $100 and took 6 weeks to get the paperwork submitted. I'd find a local dealer that doesn't use SS and go through them.

A trust is a good idea in my opinion. I got mine through National Gun Trusts. You fill out a form online, pay them, print the documents, have them notarized, and scan them so you can upload to eForms. It's a one time fee, and you can add or remove people from the trust and transfer as many firearms as you want to the trust. I think I paid about $75.

I'd also reccomend getting EFT prints. I did mine through PrintScan. I made an appointment at a nearby UPS store, had them scanned, and had the file in my inbox before I got home. I paid around $65. It's much more convenient than dealing with fingerprint cards. There's other places that offer similar services, and some that will scan a card and provide an EFT.

EFT+trust+a competent local gun shop is the best option in my opinion.

Go the Trust route.

I have done 6 Silencershop can transactions, been very pleased with their trust review and verification process, updating a trust from 9 years ago.

I'd pick the Silencerco Omega again and again. It's an incredible can that is light, short (with flat end cap) and has to be the quietest can I have. They knocked it out of the park with this can.

Do a trust.
Find a local Silencershop Kiosk, & move forward.

The Alaskan 360 would be my recommendation personally.

Trust is the way to go, I've bought three Bannish 30's from Silencer Central, really nice folks, piece of cake, still waiting on the ATF to finalize the last one, but that's just part of the process. Shooting suppressed is the only way for me, my 28 Nosler was super loud. One time I was in a blind, had the barrel completely out of the window, my buddy heater was on in front of me, and when I shot the muzzle blast through the brake blew out the heater. The suppressor fixed all that, and it actually helped a tiny bit with accuracy, possibly because of the reduced noise lol.

The online process is very user-friendly. Yes, trust is the best route. However, if all the trust members are unavailable, coordination can be challenging. My first suppressor was on trust because my wife and two sons were readily available. My sons (USAF and USMC) were deployed on my latest one, so I went the individual route.

The online e-form/kiosk process is relatively quick and easy. The ATF part is another story. My best advice is to be patient. Both of mine got approved in under 6 months, but others have over a year or so wait. Checking it every day or whining/complaining about the long wait does not make it any quicker. 😇

Recent Posts